Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Applies extensive technical expertise in one or more safety engineering disciplines.
- Manages complex and/or large scale projects to completion by leading groups through technical expertise.
- Uses subject matter expertise to establish compliance evaluation methods for products, programs, and facilities to meet company and governmental requirements.
- Supports internal customers and external customers on complex code compliance issues, legal issues, and corporate responsibility issues.
- Performs product/system safety analysis on components, subsystems, and systems. Prepares periodic and special reports in connection with engineering studies and projects and from liaison with other companies and outside organizations. Investigates accidents and specifies corrective action programs. May work with customer on complex code compliance issues
- Manage 3rd party Product Safety tool assessments and drive corrective actions within the various internal organizations.
- May develop and implement Product Safety training programs for operations and exposures. Evaluates and specifies work methods, design requirements, procedures and policies.
- May Lead investigation into incidents, product safety events, accidents and issues and analyze pertinent data for issues that may have global impact or require the subject matter expert for the organization to lead this effort.
- Subject matter expert in the use of 8D, FMEA, PHA and other investigation and assessment methods.
- Regarded as the technical expert in Product Safety and detailed knowledge of the requirements located within; NFPA 79, SEMI S2, S8, S10, S14, CE Mark, KC Mark
- Anticipates business and regulatory issues; recommends product, process or service improvements
- Leads projects with notable risk and complexity; develops the strategy for project execution
- Solves unique and complex problems with broad impact on the business; requires conceptual and innovative thinking to develop solutions
- Impacts the direction and resource allocation for program, project or services; works within general functional policies and industry guidelines
- Communicates complex ideas, anticipates potential objections and persuades others, often at senior levels, to adopt a different point of view
- B.S. In Engineering (mechanical, electrical, chemical) or related safety field
Bachelor's Degree (Required)
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Assignee / Regular
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$128,000.00 - $176,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.