Chewy is hiring an enthusiastic and analytical Category Manager for our headquarters in Bellevue, WA. The successful candidate will be the main point of contact for several vendor partners and focus on managing the business relationship, including improving business terms to drive sales and margin improvements. The ideal candidate will have excellent verbal and written communication, strong negotiations experience, the ability to analyze and communicate complex terms, margin structure and work well across other teams including Finance and Inventory Management. They'll have strong presentation and organizational skills. The successful candidate will be flexible, creative, analytical, and able to drive negotiations through to completion. Keys to success also include strong ownership values, a passion for innovation, and hustle.
What You'll Do:
- Integrate economic analysis and merchandising instincts into a cohesive category strategy
- Conduct research, collect and process economic and statistical data, monitor economic trends, analyze data, and develop forecasts for our online business
- Maximize product category sales by driving strong marketing promotions, negotiating with vendor partners to maximize selection, and reacting to industry-related economic trends
What You'll Need:
- BA/BS with minimum of 5+ years in buying, account management, product management, category management, financial analysis or MBA degree with previous relevant experience (consulting work preferred).
- Experience with SQL or GBQ
- Minimum of 2+ years negotiation experience
- Proficient in Excel
- Must be willing to travel (minimal)
- An accomplished range of skill from high-level strategic thinking to working with external partners
- Demonstrated excellent business judgment with strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities and problem-solving skills
- The ability to use both formal and informal influencing skills across Chewy’s cross-matrix organization is critical to success in this role.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects - prioritization, planning and task delegation
- Track record of taking ownership and driving results in an environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary range for a Category Manager position is $110,500.00 - $176,000.00. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k and a new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.