- Performs routine to moderately complex electro-mechanical technical functions and activities such as design, test, checkout, fabrication, modification, troubleshooting and assembly of electronics and electro-mechanical systems, experimental design circuitry, prototype models, specialized test equipment, tools and test fixtures.
- May test and troubleshoot system level and component level problems in electrical and mechanical systems and sub-systems. May perform new system and NPI installations and field upgrades.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or plans to perform routine testing and troubleshooting.
- Compiles logbooks and test procedures documentation utilizing good writing skills.
- May perform mechanical, electrical, pneumatic & vacuum and process testing on AMAT platforms to Engineering and Manufacturing documentation and specifications.
- Observes all safety standards. Maintains a secure, safe, clean and healthy work environment. Attends required health and safety training and follows safety and security policies, procedures and practices. Promptly reports accidents, injuries, safety hazards, or emergencies to supervisor or Safety dept. Follows operating instructions, uses protective equipment when required, and uses equipment and materials properly. Actively strives to prevent accidents and injuries.
- Becomes familiar with current manufacturing and/or engineering processes and stays informed of any changes in procedures. Assists in the correction of problems.
- May perform rework as a result of testing. Generates Quality Notifications.
- Has developed analytical skills and application of scientific methods to perform a variety of activities
- Has good understanding of how the team integrates with others
- Has no supervisory responsibilities
- Recognizes and solves typical problems that can occur in own work area without supervisory approval; evaluates and selects solutions from established operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Impacts the quality of own work
- Uses communication skills to exchange of information
Years of Experience:
2 - 4 Years
U.S. Salary Range:
$25.00 - $34.40
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.