The Hope Group, A SunSource Company, is New England’s leading provider of fluid power and motion control solutions for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) and MROs. The Hope Group has over 100,000 square feet of warehousing, fabrication, and administration facilities to complement its manufacturing capacity. We’re more than a parts distributor. Our customers rely on us to help identify and solve the efficiency and productivity challenges they face. www.thehopegroup.com
The Hope Group, a leading supplier of motion control components and system solutions, seeks a self-motivated and dedicated regional Fluid Connector Product Specialist to help support our team of account managers in the New England region. The Fluid Connector Product Specialist will help our team identify, generate, and close new sales opportunities while developing long term professional relationships with existing and new prospective customers. The ideal candidate will possess a strong motion control background, experience working with industrial OEM’s and End User customers, and experience selling fluid conveyance technologies such as hoses, tube fittings, quick couplings, and instrumentation. He/she should be a self-starter with excellent communication skills who is comfortable working in the field alongside customers solving problems and creating solutions with the support of our manufacturers and application specialists.
This position is for the New England region with an existing customer base and opportunity for additional growth.
- Plan and coordinate weekly sales calls with fluid connector sales team to new/existing customers and target prospective customers.
- Plan and execute proposals focusing on providing solution for their fluid connector needs.
- Work with management to develop a sales plan with actionable tasks and goals reviewed monthly.
- Utilize CRM software to manage sales and account base activity across all connector products.
- Apply your knowledge as a product expert to help the sales team create and close new opportunities with customers.
- Work closely with inside sales and quality to provide exceptional customer service and meet all customer needs.
- Answer internal and external questions about products, prices, and quality, durability, and credit terms.
- Conduct product Lunch & Learns at customer sites with THG team and/or factory representatives.
- Learn and utilize all available company resources including inside sales, marketing, design/engineering, and management.
- Attend product and sales training, both local or at factory schools, and company meetings when required.
- Investigates and resolves customer complaints.
- Work with vendor representatives and business affiliates in meetings, joint sales calls, trade shows and networking.
- Actively promote other company division’s products and services by creating cross-leads in CRM software.
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned.
Experience, Education, Skills
- 5+ years technical field sales experience.
- Mechanical / Electrical / Industrial Engineer / technical degree or equivalent experience a plus.
- Training and/or education in hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems including technical experience with hoses, tube fittings, quick couplings, and instrumentation.
- Experience and proven ability to identify/select/specify proper components to fit customers’ needs and specifications.
- Experience and proven ability to identify/select/convert competitive target accounts.
- Strong desire to expand product and systems knowledge to become more valuable to the company and customers.
- Above average computer experience with Microsoft Office, internet, various technical sizing and drawing programs, e-mail, smart phones and CRM utilization.
- Self-motivated, driven, a team player, strong communication skills and attention to details are a must.
- Valid Drivers License
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video www.sun-source.com