Position Summary: Maintain property, plant and equipment in a productive, efficient and safe manner by performing the following duties:
- Lubricate and clean parts, equipment and machinery.
- Inspect, service, repair and construct plant processing equipment, including structures, utilities, loaders, hydraulics, pneumatics, mechanical and pressure vessel work throughout the plant.
- Perform maintenance on all mobile equipment including minor repair work.
- Follow the Preventative Maintenance Program established by the Company.
- Utilize welding and fabrication tools to alter, repair and fabricate processing equipment on various materials with structural integrity.
- Track inventory of serviceable parts required to maintain equipment and notify Lead.
- Document and report maintenance work performed and advise of future requirements in a timely manner.
- Assist with training new maintenance employees.
- Participate and contribute to company safety program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned including site cleanup.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Education: One-year certificate from college or technical school OR
- Experience: Two years of related work experience
- License/Certification: N/A
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficient operating hand and power tools
- Experience in hydraulics, electrical, pumps and valves
- Excellent trouble shooting skills with the ability to assess and diagnose problems by phone and radio
- Advanced mechanical knowledge
- Experience in fabrication and welding of various metals, including pipe welding
- Able to adapt to abnormal or unusual job duties in different environments
- Ability to read schematics
- Cognitive thinking on-the-fly
- Capacity to independently execute tasks in a sequential manner, adapting to unforeseen challenges without external direction
- Able to guide/train others
- Strong communication skills
Shift & Pay Rate:
- Monday-Friday 8am-4:30pm
- Occasional Saturdays and On-Call
Physical Surroundings: Works within the plant area or at assigned remote locations.
Adverse Working Environment: Exposure to noise from operating equipment, extreme temperatures due to working outside at all times of the year, dirt, dust within the yard, hazards created by operating equipment and being near operating equipment, exposure to hazardous material requiring safety adherence and PPE equipment.
Physical Effort: Requires repetitive bending, lifting, stooping and physical effort for position.
Extensive Hours: Shift work for 24/7 operation of plant.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by persons assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all associated responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions. Stella-Jones Corporation, reserves the right to change, amend, add, delete, and otherwise assign any and all duties, responsibilities, and position titles as it deems necessary to meet the needs of the business.