We are looking for an experienced Automation Technician to perform all scheduled and unscheduled automation and robotic system maintenance as set forth in machine manuals and by company policy pertaining to automated equipment. They will provide support to Maintenance Technicians to ensure injection molding production equipment performs as required. This awesome Automation Technician prides themselves in their attention to detail, troubleshooting capabilities, safety mindset and perfect attendance. This is a high paying job with built-in OT, at a leading global US based company that is dedicated to a creating a safe work environment with opportunities for growth and development.
Job Type: Full-time
12 Hour Day Shift : 6:50AM to 7:00PM
12 Hour Night Shift: 6:50PM to 7:00AM
2, 2, 3, 2 Schedule
Starting pay: $32.00/Hour (plus $2.00/Hour for Night Shift Diff.)
Hiring Bonus: $1,000.00
Referral Bonus: $1,000.00 per referral
Bi-Annual Bonus Compensation
- Troubleshoot PLCs and Drives.
- Troubleshoot pneumatic, mechanical and electrical problems
- Replace necessary components, such as sensors, electric wiring, cylinders, bearings, conveyors, motors, air/vacuum lines and vales.
- Set up automation equipment for each mold/automation equipment combination, as required.
- Design and manufacture equipment product control devices.
- Rebuild equipment prime moving hardware as required.
- Preventative maintenance on all automation equipment.
- Work with assembly line Operators as needed to troubleshoot problems.
- Support production floor(s) by answering emergency equipment, automation, vision and robot issues down requests, including gathering information as needed from equipment operators in a professional manner.
- Assist with training on all automation, robot, and vision systems.
- Communicate all changes and all-important information to the Manager or Supervisor
- Ensure all system performances are optimized and running safely.
- Record accurate production data that includes all necessary information needed for tracking purposes
- Must be able to work in a team environment and help others as needed.
- Must follow Lock-out Tag-out procedures
- Ability to operate overhead crane systems
- Perform housekeeping responsibilities as necessary on a daily, weekly, monthly maintenance schedule including machines and floor
- Follow all good manufacturing practices (GMP’s) and (HACCP) Practices.
- Any other duties as assigned by supervisor or department manager
- Support and maintain all policies of the company including but not limited to ISO Standards, Health and Safety Requirements, Continuous Improvement, and standard work procedures
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Must be mechanically and electrically inclined.
- Must be safety and quality conscience at all times.
- 5-7 years maintenance and automation experience preferred
- Ability to work under limited supervision
- Additional training may be required to retain position
- Must be familiar with the operation of PLCs, Drives, and robots.
- Must be responsible, self- motivated and team oriented. Must be able to make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Must have a willingness to take a "hands on" approach during times of process interruption.
Education and/or Experience:
Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure using whole numbers and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several variables.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms, speak and listen. The employee frequently is required to climb or balance and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance, stoop, kneel, and taste or smell. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals; and outside weather conditions.
Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers