Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale helps our customers – who make smartphones, supercomputers, virtual reality headsets, autonomous vehicles and more – transform their ideas into reality. Our innovations Make Possible® a Better Future.
Inside our company, we apply the idea of make possible as we work together. We value our people and teams who turn possibilities into reality by advancing our strategy, accomplishing great things and empowering others. We are deeply committed to fostering a Culture of Inclusion where every person knows they belong, feels empowered to bring their whole self to work, and is inspired to grow.
If you’re looking for a great place to grow your career, consider Applied Materials. With the data explosion and new investment in semiconductors, it’s an exciting place to be.
- The primary responsibility includes the validation and baseline establishment for buffer layer process, the benchmarking and validation of HTS deposition process, and the validation of the integrated film stack to meet the performance target of the HTS tapes.
- The candidate should be able to create technical scorecard analysis on different technical paths for HTS process, and be able to implement and execute R&D plan to quickly establish the proof-of-the-concept demonstration for key components or steps through internal and external collaborations.
Job specific requirement:
- PhD degree in condensed matter physics, materials, chemistry or other STEM field.
- The candidate must have domain expertise and practical expertise in superconductor materials processing and characterization with proven track record of original scientific publication in this field. Postdoc experience in superconductor field is desired.
- Experience with thin film deposition techniques, including sputtering, ebeam evaporation, CVD, PLD. Direct experience with IBAD is desired.
- Experience with various thin film characterization techniques, including SEM, AFM, TEM, RHEED, X-ray diffraction.
- Experience with high temperature Roll-to-Roll process is desired.
- Experience with low temperature electric characterization with high magnetic field is desired.
- Strong time management skills for fast pace and milestone driven R&D project
- Ability to work in a team and ability to work independently
- Strong analytical skills for problem solving and troubleshooting
- Strong ability to learn and implement/integrate new concepts and technologies
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English, including presentation skills
- Communicates difficult concepts and negotiates with others to adopt a different point of view
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Assignee / Regular
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$160,000.00 - $220,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.