The Regional Sales Manager (RSM) in the expanding Utility Pole Division at Stella-Jones is responsible for proactively managing their book of business and executing day-to-day sales activities for select accounts within an assigned region. RSMs at Stella-Jones are typically home-based (remote), individual contributors with no direct reports and report to a Director-level sales leader. To learn more about our utility pole products (including a 1 minute video overview), visit our product page: https://www.stella-jones.com/en/products/utility-poles
This specific Regional Sales Manager territory primarily consists of various portions of Pennsylvania, Virginia and North Carolina, with additional potential accounts in some surrounding states. This is a home-based remote role with significant travel within the territory.
- Analyzes customer/competition situations and generates specific plans that will achieve objectives.
- Maintains an active role in understanding the regional market pricing, and competitive outlook.
- Continually strives to identify and capture lower cost, higher service, options to meet customer needs
- Understands the leverage of volume as well as price increase strategy.
- Constantly defines and redefines area of responsibility and market situation and reviews the pertinence of plans and changes them when advisable.
- Maintains an active reporting procedure in accordance with departmental and company needs.
- Develops a Business Plan for area of responsibility that is consistent with short-range and long-range company objectives.
- Maintains a sales forecasting capability which will in the short-term make possible efficient scheduling, provide superior customer service, and control inventory and in the long-term, provide information for business planning, resource planning and budgeting.
- Keeps well informed on industry changes, participates where possible in organizations directly involved with our prime markets, and continually works to improve sales techniques and sales knowledge.
- Pursues special projects such as special competitive investigations, market studies on new products, credit or collection activities as assigned or authorized by supervisor
- Typically travel within assigned region is 40%-60% of regular workweek, depending customer need, how an RSM chooses to manage the territory, and other factors
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Three or more years of outside sales experience required
- Sales experience within industrial products, utilities, wood products or other related B2B industries highly preferred
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Ability to travel 40-60% of the time within designated territory required