Within the Office of the CTO, the Photonics Platforms Business is a pioneer in the manufacturing and commercialization of integrated nano-photonic devices for applications in imaging, sensing and displays.We are harnessing the power of Applied Material’s world-leading material science and nano-fabrication capabilities to enable the next generation of photonic devices.
We are seeking a full-time Chemist to become responsible for material sourcing, screening, development, characterization and metrology for Photonics Platforms Business. Source/develop materials/processes to transfer from lab to production scale. Basic maintenance of lab equipment along with development of standard testing/evaluation methods and procedures. Candidate will work in a multifunctional team to support product process development, applications and manufacturing.
- Organic/inorganic/polymer material formulation, screening, characterization and metrology work for optical/semiconductor processing applications
- Support the process teams with material related problem solving
- Lead development projects involving materials/chemical sourcing, formulation, characterization, screening, QC
- Upkeep and maintain lab equipments
- Organize and analyze lab data to draw conclusions on path forward
- Prepare concise data books, presentations for internal and external use based on experiment results
- Working together with the team on idea generation, application, scale-up, etc.
- Demonstrate broad and comprehensive understanding of organic/inorganic/polymer material formulation, screening, characterization, and metrology techniques
- Direct the resolution of highly complex or unusual technical problems applying advanced analytical thought and judgment
- Hands-on experience in optical materials, UV/thermal curable formulation, photoresist, fluid dynamics, thin films, coatings and nanopatterning materials/process preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with solid organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work on multiple projects and with cross-functional teams
- Position requires understanding of Applied Materials global Standards of Business Conduct and compliance with these standards at all times. This includes demonstrating the highest level of ethical conduct reflecting Applied Materials' core values.
- MS/PhD degree in chemistry, material science, polymer science or related fields
- 3-5 years of hands-on experience in optical materials, UV/thermal curable formulation, photoresist, fluid dynamics, thin films, coatings and nanopatterning materials/process preferred
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Assignee / Regular
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$140,000.00 - $192,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.