At Chewy, we want all Chewtopians to feel safe, secure as they work, learn, and grow as members of our Chewy team. Chewy is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Injury Prevention to support the Chewy Fulfillment and Corporate teams. This role will proactively analyze tasks for potential ergonomic risk factors, perform biomechanical assessments, develop ergonomic programs, and lead injury prevention activities. The ideal candidate will create a proactive safety culture environment, job coaching, ergonomic training, and create engagement programs for our Team Members. The goal of this role is to proactively reduce ergonomic risk factors, reduce soft tissue injuries, develop a strong injury prevention and ergonomic program, and educate Chewtopians on proper ergonomic techniques to provide the best workplace experience.
What you'll do:
- Develop programs to minimize the risk of ergonomic injury to employees through awareness, education, early intervention, and sustainable mechanisms supporting Chewy Fulfillment and Corporate teams.
- Dive deep and learn job function through the Chewy Safety Network and understand the body ergonomic and physical demands of each task.
- Be actively involved with improvements to the standard work process, evaluating potential poor ergonomic conditions through change management processes.
- Evaluate trends and provide analysis of all soft tissue injuries and develop action plans to mitigate risk.
- Support site leadership in implementation and management of Job Hazard Analysis (JHA) and Job Rotation policies.
- Partner with onsite safety team to implement treatment plans for first aid cases based on injury type.
- Develop programs and initiatives to reduce conditional and ergonomic risk in our processes to ensure a safe and healthy working environment.
- Able to collect and analyze ergonomic measurements across various work disciplines and departments.
- Experience with a variety of human engineering tools and methods (e.g., physical ergonomics, biomechanics, task/workload analysis).
- Build and leverage strong relationships with key cross-functional senior leaders across corporate, studios, fulfillment operations, delivery operations, legal and customer service.
What you'll need:
- Must be a Certified Athletic Trainer, by either the Board of Certification (BOC) or equivalent State Certification.
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a First Aid, CPR, and AED course.
- Bachelor’s Degree in sports medicine or similar.
- 6+ years experience in an occupational or industrial setting working in wellness programs.
- Experience building wellness, injury prevention, or ergonomic programs.
- Capable of multi-tasking to meet multiple requirements at a fast-pace with tight timelines.
- Proficiency and experience with program management and reporting tools such as Microsoft Office, Tableau, Gensuite, or Smartsheet.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written, ability to work across multiple stakeholder teams, data analysis to inform strategy, and customer focus skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.