Applied Materials, Inc. is the global leader in materials engineering solutions used to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. At Applied Materials, our innovations make possible the technology shaping the future.
Applied Materials’ Engineered Optics Department is searching for an intern to join our team in summer 2024! The position will entail the following:
- In support of design projects, coordinate the procurement and assembly of mechanical components/equipment and identify sources of critical parts and subsystems to resolve basic technical issues
- Design or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics, and/or detailed drawings/specifications of limited scope under direct supervision
- Perform and document engineering test reports under direct supervision
- Perform engineering analysis under direct supervision
- Troubleshoots a variety of mechanical problems of general difficulty under direct supervision
- Effective use of engineering processes in the resolution of basic mechanical problems of limited scope
- May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle
- Student must be pursuing a Bachelor’s odegree program in Mechanical engineering, or a related field.
- Student must be in good academic standing at their university, with a preferred GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Experienced user of CAD tools for modeling, drawing, and gD&Ts
- Good hands-on machining and assembly skills
$30 per hour
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and education level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.
Years of Experience:
Intern / Student
Yes, 10% of the Time
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.