You already LOVE us and the SNACKS WE MAKE!
Chips, Cookies, Crackers, Wafers, Cheese Curls, Popcorn, Tortilla Chips... yeah, we make them ALL! Shearer's is the company behind all your favorite snack brands.
We have over 5,000 associates in 14 state-of-the-art manufacturing and warehouse sites in North America that produce over 800 million pounds of snacks per year. Did you know that we buy 20% of all the potatoes grown in the US? WOW!
And we know what you’re thinking…how can I get my hands on some free goodies? Our team members can take home free snacks!
Day Shift 7 am - 3:30 pm
Your seat at the table
Shearer’s Foods, Inc. is currently seeking a Maintenance Electrician who is eager to work in a challenging, fast paced environment. They will analyze/correct problems and repair/overhaul electrical equipment and controls.
What you bring to the table
- 3 - 5 years Manufacturing Maintenance Electrical experience preferred
- Must have PLC experience.
- Must know how to use VOM Meter, Megger, AMP Meter and Chart Recorder
- Sound working knowledge of Electrical Safe Work Practices; AC and DC Electrical Theory; reading/creating electrical prints and control schematics; motor control; personal computer hardware and software; computer networks; pneumatic and hydraulic valves; photo eyes; proximity sensors; limit switches; breakers & fuses.
- Must have basic electric motor repair, electrical construction, trouble shooting skills.
- Must have some electrical schematic and blue- print reading skills.
- Must know the operation of a motor starter and how to rebuild
- Must have some understanding of AC drive motor controllers.
- Support internal projects.
- Repairs, installs, replaces and tests electrical circuits, equipment, PLC components, and appliances by using hand tools and testing instruments
- Inspects and tests electrical equipment, lighting, signal, communication, and power circuits
- Isolates defects in wiring, switches, motors and other electrical equipment using instruments such as ammeters, ohmmeters, and voltmeters
- Replaces faulty switches, sockets, and other elements of electrical systems as needed, and has the ability to dismantle electrical machinery and replace defective electrical or mechanical parts such as gears, brushes and armatures
- Has the ability to test and complete circuits according to blueprint and diagram specifications
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures and inspects completed work for conformance with requirements of existing building and safety codes
- Must be able to repair or replace all electrical devices including, but not limited to: breaker panels, motor starters, heaters, fuses, lights, AC drives, motors, electrical switches, etc. – all in accordance with state and federal codes, including company policies and procedures
- Must be able to perform construction work such as running conduits, pulling wire, installing switches, breaker panels, etc. – as needed to supply power to plant electrical apparatus
- Must be able to maintain a log (work sheet) of equipment repairs and problems. A list of electrical maintenance that needs to be done must also be kept
• Replaces all like-for-like electrical components and ensures their proper setup.
• Troubleshoots some complex electrical issues using appropriate tools and techniques.
• Requires assistance for intricate device replacement setup.
Performs additional related duties as assigned
Role Contribution Level
This position is a non-supervisory role.
What you bring to the Best Snacks Party:
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Interpersonal skills
• Decision-making skills
• Time management skills
• Organizational skills
• Ability to work within an integrated operating enterprise
• Ability to manage priorities and multiple projects simultaneously
• Ability to perform calibrations, installation and maintenance of process and analytical instrumentation.
• Ability to work a variable schedule
• Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics
• Ability to read and interpret ladder logic, script, and block chain
• Ability to perform mechanical work, valve replacement, conveyor bearing and chain replacement, motor/gearbox replacement, lube routes
• Knowledge, skills, and abilities consistent with the essential duties and responsibilities
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions:
• Must be able to walk and stand for a prolonged period of time
• Must be able to use hands, arms, and fingers to handle, feel, and reach
• Must be able to sit, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl
• Must be able to climb or balance
• Must be able to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds
• Must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
• Close vision
• Distance vision
• Color vision
• Peripheral vision
• Depth perception
• Ability to adjust focus
We offer a variety pack of benefits after just 30 days:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. Paid Time Off (PTO) available after 90-days.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace.
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!