Who We Are
Alene Candles LLC & Midwest is a private label, contract manufacturer that produces high-quality candles for some of the world’s most recognized retail, boutique, and cosmetic brands. With our headquarters in New Hampshire and locations in Ohio and New York, we’ve been in business for over 25 years. We are passionate about making the best products in the world, making safety our number one priority, and being an insanely great place to work. We were proudly named Best Company to Work For in 2020 and 2021 and Business of the Year in 2023.
We are seeking a Manufacturing Engineer to be responsible for identifying, developing, and implementing, improvements to manufacturing processes in support of existing products and processes, as well as, new products and processes, while maintaining proper functionality and managing cost efficiencies. You will be primarily focused on defining, controlling, and improving process parameters and controls. There will be an additional focus on developing and implementing capital projects to improve processes, efficiencies, and productivity. You will utilize standard practices and tools to increase efficiency, reduce labor costs and improve overall safety performance.
We are located at 51 Scarborough Lane, Milford, NH. This is an onsite position.
Additional Job Details
- Work with Inventory Control, Planning, Operations, R&D, and Quality Assurance to coordinate and drive the completion of internal and external trials and pilots to maintain key customer deadlines
- Communicate pilot and trial outcomes to customers and troubleshoot material and design concerns
- Conduct and coordinate machine trials and pilots of new components, products, and technologies
- Assess outcomes of pilots and trials to define process parameter and process tolerances
- Assist Product Engineer with assessment of manufacturability for new products
- Optimizing equipment for set-up, changeovers, running, and uptime
- Developing requirements and specifications for new equipment to improve productivity
- Create and execute DOEs to evaluate and optimize key process parameters
- Evaluate key process parameters using good Six Sigma practices to find opportunities for improvement and identify process variation.
- Scoping, managing, and implementing capital projects to modify or add equipment in process lines or facilities
- Assist Operations with execution of project to improve OEE
- Collecting and evaluating bids and awarding and managing contracts as part of project management
- Coordinating project implementation with the production schedule and internal and external resources
Note to Recruitment Agencies
We appreciate your interest in helping us find top talent. Alene Candles does not accept unsolicited resumes from external recruitment agencies. Any unsolicited resumes submitted to us will be considered the property of Alene Candles, and we reserve the right to contact the candidate directly. If you are a recruitment agency interested in establishing a partnership with Alene Candles, please contact Erica Anderson, Recruiting Supervisor, via firstname.lastname@example.org before submitting any resumes. Any communication outside these instructions will result in no response from the company.
- Bachelors’ degree in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering or closely related field.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of related experience. We will consider candidates outside this range of experience.
- Demonstrated experience with Process Engineering.
- Experience with DMAIC, PGMEA, Six Sigma, and/or DOE.
- Capital project management and implementation experience.
- Customer focused, both internal and external.
- Strong communication, leadership, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated successful performance with independent and team problem solving, presentations, leadership, and coordinating and completing multiple tasks within and across departments to meet changing deadlines.
Alene offers a host of competitive benefits for full-time employees, some of which include: Medical, Dental, and Vision with a Healthcare Reimbursement Account, 401(k) with company match, Basic Life Insurance (100% company paid), Employee Assistance Program, Flexible Spending Account, Paid Holidays, Paid Time Off, Tuition Reimbursement and “Alene Gives Back” – our paid volunteer program.
Alene Candles provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Should you require assistance completing this application or during any phase of the interview process, please contact email@example.com or call 603-673-5050 and ask to speak to Human Resources. We will make every effort to accommodate your needs in a reasonable amount of time.