We are seeking an experienced Forklift Operator who will be responsible for loading and unloading warehouse material and optimizing loads to ensure operational efficiency. This excellent Forklift Operator takes pride in their excellent safety record, safety mindset, organizational skills and perfect attendance record. This is a high paying job with built-in OT, at a leading global US based company that is dedicated to a creating a safe work environment with opportunities for growth and development.
Starting Pay: $21.00/Hour (plus $2.00/Hr. night shift differential)
Job Type: Full-time
12-Hour Night Shift: 6:50PM - 7:00AM (2,2,3,2 schedule)
Hiring Bonus: $1,000.00
Referral Bonus: $1,000.00
Bi-Annual Bonus Compensation
Berry offers three insurance plans. Full medical, dental and vision insurance are provided with this position. If elected, insurance coverage begins the first day of the month following 30 days of employment. We also offer life insurance, disability and 401k plan with 50% company match up to 6% of contribution.Berry is proud to provide accumulated time off for:
- 11 Holidays
- Vacation Time
- Personal Days for Perfect Attendance
Steel toe boot annual allowance
Safety Prescription Glasses allowance
Uniforms provided at no cost for the employee
Career advancement opportunities and pay progression
Employee recognition and events
- Operates sit down electri forklifts to load and unload shipments of product and receive incoming raw materials.
- Complete all necessary paperwork associated with the shipping and receiving of product.
- Assist in the maintaining of accurate inventory records by means of physical inventories using DC-link and use of the (JDE – System).
- Provide support for production, printing and QA departments (unprinted stock, color, cardboard, bins, bags, skids, gaylord’s, product on hold and product audits).
- Ensures safety guidelines are followed at all times.
- Ability to calculate parts requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to sit/stand/walk for 12 consecutive hours.
- Ability to use hands to grasp, grip and manipulate boxes and product to inspect and pack
- Ability to work with and around heavy machinery and equipment
- Minimal lifting capabilities of 55 lbs.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); three (3) year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Requires Forklift Operator Certificate (Berry Plastics internal training).
- Language Skills: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative to those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move more than 35 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and depth perception
Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers