At Berry Global Group, Inc. (NYSE: BERY), we create innovative packaging and engineered products that we believe make life better for people and the planet. We do this every day by leveraging our unmatched global capabilities, sustainability leadership, and deep innovation expertise to serve customers of all sizes around the world. Harnessing the strength in our diversity and industry-leading talent of over 40,000 global employees across more than 250 locations, we partner with customers to develop, design, and manufacture innovative products with an eye toward the circular economy. The challenges we solve and the innovations we pioneer benefit our customers at every stage of their journey. For more information, visit our website, or connect with us on LinkedIn or Twitter.
A Packer is responsible for machine set up and fulfilling orders by arranging inventory in shipping containers and preparing them for shipment and basic troubleshooting. Their duties include interpreting order invoices to determine which items need to be sent out, performing quality control assessments and stacking items safely and securely in the right packaging.
- Weighing packages and labeling them appropriately
- Inspecting product to ensure they meet specification
- Assembling daily orders by shipping location or any other shipping categories
- Filling out packing and order forms with the relevant shipping information
- Sealing shipping containers and labeling them appropriately
- All other duties and responsibilities as assigned by your supervisor
- Good knowledge of basic arithmetic: addition, subtraction, division and multiplication
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-stress environment for long hours
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Previous manufacturing experience is a plus