The Stella-Jones team is seeking an experienced Environmental Manager to support various US manufacturing locations. This Environmental Manager will perform and participate in programs to minimize environmental risks and ensure compliance with regulatory requirements.
This is an individual contributor role with a hybrid schedule based at our regional corporate officein Pittsburgh. The position will also involve significant travel (up to 60%) to our manufacturing locations in the United States, primarily in the Southeast. We may also consider candidates for this specific role who are based in the Atlanta metro area, given the percentage of expected travel within the Southeastern US.
- Support environmental compliance at multiple facility locations with respect to Federal, State, and local environmental regulations and requirements.
- Perform routine inspections of facility operations and provide Manager with documented findings/determinations of compliance with applicable regulations.
- Respond to environmental emergencies such as spills and release and assist with incident investigations and corrective actions.
- Respond to and interact with regulatory agencies on an as needed basis.
- Maintain EH&S Management System (ISO 14001) policies, programs, and procedures with continual improvement of the environmental management system.
- Maintain compliance with active environmental permits (air quality, RCRA, NPDES, SDWA)
- Develop waste profiles and coordinate waste disposal (scrap metal, solid waste, hazardous waste, recyclable, etc).
- Energy, water, and waste sustainability reporting.
- Accurate and timely reporting and recordkeeping
- Participates and contributes to company EH&S program
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Environmental Science or a closely related field required
- Three (3) or more years of work experience in the Environmental field required; Five (5) or more years preferred
- Environmental work experience in the Manufacturing arena (either as a manufacturing industry environmental consultant --or-- as an employee with a manufacturing company) required
- Wood products experience preferred
- Working knowledge of EPA and OSHA regulations
- Valid driver's license
- Proficiency with computers (specifically Microsoft Office Products)
- Experience in training and development
- Ability to maintain confidentiality