Chewy is looking for an Associate Creative Director with a strong background in digital brand design and conceptual advertising. This person sits under our Creative Director for Healthcare who oversees the group of creatives focused on creating mainly mid and lower-funnel campaigns for YouTube, Meta, onsite, and additional various locations for our healthcare lines of business (Pharmacy, CarePlus – Pet Insurance, Connect With A Vet - Telehealth, B2B). In addition, Chewy will be launching into the veterinary, brick-and-mortar retail space, and this role will have a large part in bringing that to life, from campaign efforts to retail marketing and display to thinking alongside strategists in regards to the consumer journey. At this level, you will be managing three senior designers or art directors, and work cross-functionally with marketing stakeholders: presenting, working through details, and delivering high-quality creative work that uses best practices and brand guidelines as a catapult. The ideal candidate can decipher complex strategic marketing needs into visually interesting and conceptually insightful work, all with a customer-centric mindset, and solutions-oriented attitude.
What You’ll Do:
- Build multichannel campaigns with different copywriter partners.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners to gain a deep understanding of business goals, channel opportunities, and best practices.
- Manage senior designers/art directors.
- Think through, plan, and execute creative knowledgeably through the consumer journey.
- Ensure work delivered meets accessibility, brand, and technical standards.
- Help identify and remove roadblocks to ensure work flows smoothly through the team.
- Be ready to jump in and help with hands-on design and production work, as needed.
- Partner and help grow creative excellence within Chewy Studios, our production team.
- Deliver best-in-class service to our internal stakeholders and partners.
- Proactively identify areas for improvement in existing assets and processes, share ideas, and implement across design initiatives as appropriate.
What You’ll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Visual Communications, Graphic Design, or related field.
- 7+ years of experience with an in-house agency or creative department.
- A keen eye for typography, composition, and layout hierarchy to help your team develop fresh and innovative designs and animations.
- Strong communications skills and a positive attitude when working with colleagues, peers, and internal clients.
- Experience managing a high-volume workload in an organized and efficient manner.
- Ability to self-manage with strong time management skills and pacing to deadlines.
- Ability to thrive under pressure in a busy, fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated proficiency in full Adobe Creative Suite required on a Mac OSX platform.
- Experience working in Figma a plus.
About Chewy Studios
We are the ultimate one-stop shop for creativity at Chewy.com. We concept, design, and create original brands and packaging, and online assets. We concept social campaigns, and banners and lead the design for all internal and external marketing efforts. We also shoot and style all of our own photography, video, and television commercials. If you saw it out in the wild and it had the Chewy logo on it, Chewy Studios was there – from start to finish. With positions ranging from entry-level script writing and production graphic design work to senior creative concepting, producing, and photography, Chewy Studios does it all, in-house, and with pride from 3 locations in Boston, MA, Dallas, TX, and the mothership in Planation, FL. If you love pets and crave working in an ultra-creative environment, give us a shout. We’re always interested in meeting new people – and their pets.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.