Samsung SDS plays a leading role in the global logistics market with unique logistics services. With its innovative IT technology, SDS developed the integrated logistics solution called “Cello” in 2010, started its logistics business in 2012 and expanded its logistics business with Business Process Outsourcing.
As Korea’s no.1 IT service provider, Samsung SDS has completed a number of SCM/logistics consulting and system development projects for the last 30 years. Based on the extensive experience and expertise it built over the years, Samsung SDS started to provide tech-based logistics services in 2012 and has now grown into a global top-level third-party logistics company.
Warehouse Site Manager will provide and implement strategic plans and objectives to meet goals by directing, optimizing and coordinating all warehouse operations by managing employees and procedures with detailed budget and planning to contribute to the growth of Samsung SDS America.
To learn more about Samsung SDS America, Inc. please visit https://www.samsungsds.com/en/logistics/logistics.html
- Implement short range plans and identify strategic goals and objectives to set performance goals and meet the plant's mission and strategic plans
- Manage all business unit resources to successfully deliver results in quality, cost, safety, and service
- Develop high performing work teams to effectively meet the changing needs of the business by motivating, organizing, and encouraging teamwork within the workforce to ensure set productivity targets are met
- Utilize Standard Operating Procedures to resolve and correct problems
- Conduct daily status meetings with management team to review prior day's performance, develop action plans for the day, and determine daily department staffing levels
- Conduct weekly staffing reviews to determine appropriate staffing levels for operational departments
- Report statistics on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis to the team leaders
- Support safety programs to reduce or eliminate employee injuries
- Conduct employee counseling and annual employee reviews
- Develop action plans for conducting internal analysis and gap identification, review current or future trends that indicate possible gaps in inbound or outbound functions or employees and make recommendations based on findings
- Develop Productivity Improvement Plan for each performance indicator or areas identified for improvement
- Monitor department budgets on a monthly basis and assist in development of budget for operational functions
- Manage direct/indirect costs incurred during warehouse operation including Warehouse labor costs and Negotiate and claim the expense with the management and LSPs (Logistics Service Providers)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Logistics, Supply Chain or equivalent experience required
- 10+ years of logistics experience required
- 3+ years of warehouse management experience required
- KPI management, Inventory Slotting, Inventory Accuracy, Inventory Consistency, Inventory availability experience required
- Experience and ability to work with Distribution Center, Supply Chain Team, Carriers to resolve any inbound/outbound shipment issues is required
- Ability to expedite emergency requests
- Ability to analyze and report recommendations and results related to operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to ensure communication to appropriate stakeholders, with appropriate ad-hoc reports and analyses issued timely and accurately
- Ability to maintain the building operations to comply with all regulatory obligations, including but not limited to OSHA and other government regulations
- The position requires the ability to talk and hear while performing the duties of this job.
- The position requires the ability to stand, walk, use hands to handle or feel, and reach with hands and arms.
- The position requires dexterity to write and use computer keyboard and mouse.
- This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products, materials and supplies, up to 50 pounds.
Samsung SDSA offers a comprehensive suite of programs to support our employees:
- Top-notch medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage
- Wellness program
- Parental leave
- 401K match and savings plan
- Flexible spending accounts
- Life insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time off
- Additional benefits
Samsung SDS America will support your professional development and growth in your future career.
Your base pay is one part of our total compensation package and is determined within a range. This allows you to progress as you grow and develop within the position.
Your base pay will depend on your skills, education, qualifications, experience, and location.
Samsung SDS America, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, marital status, genetic information, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by law.