Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
POSITION SUMMARY: The Coating Operator Lead position is a hands-on, working operator capable of performing and monitoring the in-house Coating operations, including the functioning of all associated auxiliary equipment. It shall be incumbent upon this individual to execute all specifications, in the safest, most timely and highest quality manner.
- Rigorously adhere to and enforce all safety rules and regulations.
- Stay current on all safety procedures particularly related to handling of hazardous materials.
- Set up the coater as needed by strictly following the Standard Operating Procedures.
- Become familiar with the operation of all components of the Coaters and related equipment.
- Work closely with staff Supervisor and the coater crew to assure the best quality product, with efficiency and continuity of operation.
- Assist in the training of new personnel.
- Arrange for receipt and storage of raw materials.
- Maintain and diligently complete Coating records including raw materials usage to ensure traceability and proper product composition.
- Understand the use of the Berry Information System to ensure accuracy of material transactions.
- Provide information to maintain adequate raw materials levels.
- Ensure that Coater areas are kept clean and all material/drums, etc. are labeled and stored properly at all times.
- Perform a variety of other tasks of equal or lesser complexity as assigned by the Coating Supervisor.
The individual should be at least be a high school graduate or have a least a minimum of 10 years of Coating related experience.
The individual should be fluent in English.
The individual should have a mechanical aptitude.
The individual should be capable of interfacing with operating and staff personnel.
The individual should have the ability to drive a forklift, lift, climb, push, pull, roll drum containers, bags, etc.
The use of small tools may be required.
Protective equipment, such as safety shoes and glasses are required as necessary.
Compensation: $25-$30 per hour