Job Description Summary
Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise. Interprets internal or external business issues and recommends best practices. Solves complex problems; takes a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions. Works independently, with guidance in only the most complex situations. May lead functional teams or projects.
Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advanced display in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on an industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest, and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning team.
- Plan and execute the global risk assessment and annual / quarterly internal audit planning
- Execute operational audits and other internal audit assignments
- Partner with business stakeholders to ensure operational risks are addressed and effective controls in operations and in financial reporting are in place
- Coordinate and collaborate with internal stakeholders and external auditors on internal business controls issues
- Participate in special audit projects, investigations, and ad-hoc audit assignments
This role is primarily focused on planning and executing internal audit engagements. Participation in the Company’s annual SOX program in a walkthrough or testing capacity is secondary.
- Demonstrate conceptual and practical experience in internal auditing or external auditing and a strong grasp of audit theory and practice
- Exhibit effective data analysis skills to identify risks and develop insights to address said risks
- Experience with operational audit management tools (i.e., Workiva) is a plus
- Demonstrate conceptual and practical experience in finance processes and operational processes
- Experience in the semiconductor industry is a plus
- Candidate must possess unquestionable integrity
- Candidate must be a self-starter, motivated, and organized
- Candidate must possess a strong work ethic and be a role model for junior auditors
- Effective oral and written communication
- Exhibit business acumen and intellect to analyze and address audit and business challenges
- Impact a broad group of business stakeholders across Corporate and subsidiary functions worldwide
- Communicate complex issues effectively
- Operate effectively in a team environment
- Conduct oneself in an approachable and collaborative manner
Education & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance or related field (Master’s degree is a plus)
- Relevant professional certification, such as CPA, CIA, CISA, or CFE
- Prior experience with a large public company (in an operational audit capacity), public accounting and audit firm, or a consulting firm
- International/travel experience is a plus
- 7 - 10 years of professional experience
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Assignee / Regular
Yes, 25% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$136,000.00 - $187,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.