ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Chief Engineer.
The Chief Engineer oversees all activities and staff related to the maintenance and repair of mechanical and electrical systems within a property. The goal is maximum life and reliability of all systems. The Chief Engineer must be flexible and willing to perform all duties that are assigned. Those duties may include maintenance and operations of HVAC, mechanical, plumbing and electrical systems. They may also include general building maintenance and building inspections. The Chief Engineer must respond to client requests, open and assign work orders and order parts when necessary. The Chief Engineer must also ensure compliance with expense guidelines, company policy, and governing codes.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2024 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members | (Programa de Beneficios de ABM)
- Provides supervision and is responsible for the implementation of all preventive maintenance and repair operations at the facility. Schedules emergency repair activities according to priority and the abilities of assigned personnel.
- Provides technical advice, encouragement and instruction to subordinates in such areas as electric theory, mechanical systems, hydraulic systems, and safety procedures.
- Performs equipment inspections, noting equipment condition, ensuring that proper maintenance is being performed in accordance with Able Engineering standards.
- Responsible for the implementation of the quality assurance program for all work performed by the department.
- Direct or participate in various facility programs and committees relating to assigned responsibilities such as safety, disaster, fire, pollution control and civil defense.
- Formulates, recommends and implements site specific policies and procedures to improve the facility physical plant and operations.
- Develops a plan and/or procedure for controlling, labeling, recording estimated life expectancy, maintenance and inspecting all capital and non-capital equipment within the facility. This plan includes a long-term engineering capital plan.
- Recommends equipment purchases to replace obsolete equipment items and provides assistance in formulating long-range equipment replacement requirements and coordinates actions with contractors.
- Assists in the development and implementation of operating and extraordinary expense budgets as required.
- Plans and schedules services of department. Establishes standards and work methods; takes steps to assure quality and quantity of performance and evaluates results. Establishes plans for improving departmental work emphasizing efficiency and economy.
- Communicates policies and procedures, discusses job problems, and employee concerns with supervisors and employees. Encourages development of habits and attitudes for improved performance and good employee attitudes. Direct, train, evaluate, and counsel all engineering personnel.
- Ensures that general safety, fire prevention regulations are enforced, and safe working habits are promoted throughout the facility. Ensures that all shop equipment is properly maintained and conforms to safety standards. Promotes good housekeeping principles and supervises housekeeping details.
- Responsible for ensuring that the building systems are operated in the most efficient and effective manner especially as it relates to utility consumption and environmental responsibility. Implement a systematic program to promote energy awareness and conservation within the facility. Champion energy conservation programs to achieve maximum results from tenants and staff.
- Maintains an on-going self-improvement program to keep abreast of new equipment, standards, codes, and maintenance procedures.
- 5 years experience in Retail preferred
- Prior experience with managing a team
- Strong knowledge of electrical, UPS and emergency power systems
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong employee relation skills, coaching and training skills
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Computer skills and building automation systems experience required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.