At Chewy, we want all Chewtopians to feel safe, secure as they work, learn, and grow as members of our Chewy team. Chewy is seeking a Sr. Program Manager, Safety and Security Technology to support the Chewy Fulfillment and Corporate teams. This role will proactively utilize technology to reduce risk, identify hazards, drive efficiencies, ensure compliance at all levels, and consolidate EHS/Security software and systems. The ideal candidate will have a background in EHS, Security, coding or development experience, and ability to both create and curate technology programs. The goal of this role is to proactively harness technology, both existing and novel, to create efficiencies, reduce risk, and improve the Chewtopian work experience.
What you'll do:
- Develop emergency management and command center software (virtual or web based) to support the Global Command Center Program. Including app based push notifications for inclement weather and local security alert system, building evacuations reports, and other emergencies.
- Engage with internal and external stakeholders to develop a Proof of Concept, engage with external vendors and internal developers to build a cost-effective turnkey platform or adapt an already built program to Chewy’s specific needs.
- Explore existing market software, technology, and programs to integrate into Chewy’s EHS and Security operations driving efficiencies and ensuring compliance at all levels. Including contractor management, EHS management systems, SMS, emergency management, and more.
- Develop safety and security training, taking current paper content/modules digitizing into web-based, app driven, or virtual reality platforms.
- Developing metrics and software to capture KPIs or process-based goals for safety and security.
- EHS and Security digital software owner reducing silos and redundancy by being the single POC driving standardization across current and future platforms. This including managing digital technology relationships with external vendors/platforms, managing cost, ensuring compliance, and increasing effectiveness of technology.
- Create real estate management and sustainability software to monitor and manage building performance, energy usage, cost savings, and other base building functions.
What you'll need:
- Must be a Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Environmental Management, Loss Prevention, or related field.
- Must have certifications and experience in software development, computer science, or gaming engine development.
- Must have experience and ability to utilize Unreal Engine, Blender, Adobe, and other software development programs. Must be able to code and create software programs.
- Ability to develop programs from novel idea to deployment including program structure, software, hardware sourcing, SOPs, feedback mechanism, and continuous improvement.
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a First Aid, CPR, and AED course.
- 6+ years experience in EHS or Security in an industrial setting.
- 2+ years experience as a digital technology manager.
- Experience building Virtual Reality (VR), EHS, and Security programs.
- Capable of multi-tasking to meet multiple requirements at a fast-pace with tight timelines.
- Proficiency and experience with program management and reporting tools such as Microsoft Office, Tableau, Avetta, Gensuite, or Smartsheet.
- Strong communication skills both oral and written, ability to work across multiple stakeholder teams, data analysis to inform strategy, and customer focus skills.
- Demonstrate ability to work independently and efficiently under pressure while managing competing demands and tight deadlines.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30%.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.