Chewy is seeking an Environmental Program Manager (EPM), to support the Chewy Fulfillment Network. The EPM will develop and align standards and policies to support regulatory compliance and provide environmental guidance for fulfillment operations and construction teams. The individual will complete environmental performance analysis, establish and monitor metrics, and guide the teams in implementation of Chewy environmental standards. The EPM will work with internal and external partners that include contractors, consultants, design, construction, operations and other key stakeholders.
The EPM will use communication skills, environmental regulatory knowledge, especially with respect to state level regulations, demonstrated success in program management, and experience leading teams in complex and technical projects. This is a hands-on position that includes time spent at a site level, conducting inspections and audits; taking samples; providing guidance to other employees; ensuring proper waste classification; and dealing with multiple departments and all levels of employees throughout the operation.
What you'll do:
- Manage and oversee local, state, and federal environmental regulations and Amazon policy.
- Develop strategic programs by integrating with engineering, construction, and operations.
- Drive an environmentally responsible culture within the organization.
- Function as a SME partner regarding regulatory agency interactions, permit evaluation and processing, and new process and technology introduction.
- Be a point of contact for environmental regulatory agencies.
- Ensure work performed by contractors, consultants, and employees is completed in accordance with regulatory requirements and Chewy standards.
- Develop environmental metrics to monitor and forecast performance.
- Conduct thorough and accurate environmental inspections and audits for continuous improvement.
- Prioritize and manage multiple technically complex assignments concurrently.
- Represent Chewy at appropriate levels with governmental agencies and throughout the company.
- Build collaborative relationships with various stakeholders to ensure risks are identified early and managed appropriately.
- Compile and submit time critical reports to various governmental agencies.
- Complete thorough and accurate environmental incident investigations and associated regulatory reports and develop appropriate corrective actions.
- Develop mechanisms and tools for site EHS teams to execute environmental requirements consistently.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 2+ years' experience serving as an environmental technical resource, program specialist, or program manager.
- Experience with regulatory assessments, air permit evaluations and applications, NPDES and POTW requirements, and waste management.
- Broad knowledge of local, state, and federal environmental regulations.
- Experience successfully implementing environmental systems.
- Must be willing to travel up to 50%
- Master’s degree in occupational health and safety or equivalent, preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, chemical or environmental engineering or related field of study
- RCRA Hazardous Waste Management Certification
- Certified Environmental Storm Water Compliance Professional
- Excellent organizational and project management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills: excellent communication skills, strong relationship builder, solid influencing and negotiation skills, and the ability to coach at multiple levels.
- Proficient with MS Excel, Word, and Windows Operating Systems
- Experience leading change in multiple site environments and the ability to influence those that are not direct reports or within your organization.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfortable interfacing with Directors.
- Experience in a fast paced, changing/growing organization.
- Strong analytical skills with demonstrated problem solving ability.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.