Chewy is currently recruiting for a Senior Operations Manager for our fulfillment center. This leader will be hands-on in a start-up environment and will build and maintain relationships with hourly associates, managers, carrier partners, vendors, other Fulfillment Center teams and various departments in the company. This individual will be someone who likes dealing with ambiguity, change, and enjoys getting into the details to drive improvements every single day.
What you'll do:
- Build strong teams while improving procedures, metrics and processes
- Lead and supervise a team of Operation Managers and Area Managers
- Develop and administer operational procedures for perfectly executing activities for incoming and outgoing shipments, handling and disposition of products, and keeping the highest standards of inventory accuracy
- Develop and maintain a safe work environment
- Responsible for achieving all operational goals
- Drive strategic planning and forecasting
- Leverage the Operations Managers and Area Managers by sourcing and nurturing ideas, and rolling them into the creation of improvement plans for the functional area
- Mentor, train and develop Operation Managers for career progression and learning
- Ability to develop and share best practices across the shifts and network
- Create a positive team dynamic that encourages all employees in the Fulfillment C to provide feedback and drive change within the facility, adapt to the ever-changing business, and stay focused on the customer experience
- Drive continuous improvement to safety, quality, cost, and delivery while growing and expanding capabilities within the Fulfillment Center
- Utilize the site Warehouse Management System (WMS) to optimize perfect order fulfillment and provide operational insights to improve WMS effectiveness
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- At least 4 years of management experience in Receiving, Inventory Control, and/or Order Fulfillment or a similar role
- Experience with building or improving inventory management, order management, and warehouse management systems and processes
- Excitement for working in a start-up environment with high level of ambiguity and change
- Strong project management and continuous improvement skills
- Metrics driven mindset
- Customer service obsession, with willingness to do whatever it takes to satisfy customer needs
- Effective communicator and leader for employees, direct reports, cross-functional teams and executive leadership
- Proven ability to quickly adapt and drive the right results using data
- Highest levels of integrity and ethics
- Must be flexible to work weekends and/or night shift
- Position may require travel
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary range for a Senior Operations Manager position is $129,500.00 - $207,000.00. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k and a new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.