Project Management Scope
Description Title: Project Manager (PM)
Grade Level(s): Contractor
General Capabilities: The Project Manager (PM) works closely with Facilities management, Facilities Engineering staff, and the customer to execute facilities-related projects including design development, construction, and closeout. The PM must be able to successfully manage multiple projects at any given time while still maintaining high levels of customer satisfaction and project quality. Working with Facilities management, the PM serves as the focal point for all projects. The PM must be able to foresee problems on a variety of projects; analyze and organize different options; and then present solutions to the customer. Successful PM’s will be viewed as a valued resource for Facilities management and will be requested to present issues and project status on a regular basis. PM’s must understand semiconductor cleanroom design, construction, and project management.
Specific Capabilities: A successful PM will be self-initiated, self-motivated, and capable of organizing multiple tasks at any given time. The successful PM must be able to work within a highly ambiguous and fast-changing environment while maintaining consistently high levels of quality.
A PM must possess:
- An exceptional customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational skills and a proven ability to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent technical skills in the areas of construction, project management, and communication.
- An ability to plan tactically.
- An ability to follow business processes and procedures; and to make recommendations for improvements to those processes and procedures.
- An ability to favorably represent the Facilities organization to internal and external customers.
- An ability to manage the execution of projects utilizing a multitude of suppliers.
- The ability to analyze contractor construction estimates for accuracy and market competitiveness.
- The willingness to recommend alternative solutions to continually help drive costs down.
A successful PM will have the following attributes:
- Strong customer service focus
- Problem solver
- Analytical thinker
- Committed learner
- Do-it-right-the-first-time attitude
Roles & Responsibilities: The PM’s are responsible for the following items:
- PM’s serve as the focal point for all facilities-related projects.
- PM’s are responsible to ensure that all projects are completed per plan, on-time and on-budget and that the customer and Facility management are highly satisfied with the quality of the projects.
- PM’s are responsible for the successful execution of all projects per plan of record.
- PM’s implement the project only after the project has been designed, reviewed and approved according to customer requirements.
- PM’s will support the Facility’s team with the gathering of project requirements from the customer.
- PM’s will work directly with the Engineering staff to refine the scope of work and drawings for specific projects to enable the contractor(s) to provide accurate quotes and to execute the project in a safe and timely manner.
- PM’s report directly to Facilities management but are an integral part of the entire Facilities organization and must do what it takes to ensure that this organization is successful.
- PM’s must possess excellent planning skills and be able to manage multiple tasks utilizing out-sourced resources such as consultants and contractors
- PM’s must ensure that all customers, both internal and external, are communicated with on a regular basis regarding the status of all ongoing projects.
- PM’s act as the interface to direct customers to the proper authority within the Facilities organization when specific needs are required. For this reason, it is imperative that the PM’s develop a thorough knowledge of the various roles and responsibilities within the Facilities organization to ensure that the customer is directed to the proper authority the first time.
- PM’s are responsible for managing the capital and expense budgets for individual projects. The ability to maintain a balance sheet to track these expenditures is essential. PM’s will be required to submit financial tracking sheets on a weekly basis to ensure that project budgets are maintained.
- PM’s must possess a working knowledge of Microsoft and other PC software applications to include the following: Microsoft (MS) Windows, MS Office; MS Word; MS Excel; MS Project; MS Outlook; MS Teams, etc.
- PM’s must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. The ability to communicate intelligently with a wide range of customers is crucial to the success of this position.
- PM’s must possess an unwavering commitment to excellence.
Measurements (Indicators of Success)
A successful PM will:
- Meet or exceed the pre-determined key-performance indicators (KPI’s) as benchmarked against historical data. These KPI’s include measurement of performance to schedule, budget, customer satisfaction ratings, cycle time and overall PM costs % per project.
- Deliver projects on schedule and within budget for the Facility Planner and customer.
- Show a commitment to reduce costs through continual process improvements.
- Consistently exceed the expectations of Facilities management and customers in a manner that meets corporate requirements and the fiduciary requirements placed on Facilities.
- Fully and effectively utilize all external and internal resources available to carry out the execution of project requirements for the customer.
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Project Management
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a plus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Assignee / Regular
U.S. Salary Range:
$104,000.00 - $143,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on multiple factors including location, hire grade, job-related knowledge, skills, experience, and with consideration of internal equity of our current team members. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
For all sales roles, the posted salary range is the Target Total Cash (TTC) range for the role, which is the sum of base salary and target bonus amount at 100% goal achievement.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.