At Chewy, we want all Chewtopians to feel safe, secure as they work, learn and grow as members of our Chewy team. Chewy is seeking an Associate Director, EHS Programs to support the Chewy Fulfillment Core and Corporate teams. This role will lead development of Chewy’s International EHS program, launch and construction safety, design and engineering safety, safety change management, HAZMAT compliance, environmental programs, EHS standards, and corporate safety for Chewy. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing multiple high-level programs, creating international safety programs adhering to all regulations, and drive EHS regulatory requirements for the Chewy Fulfillment Core and Corporate teams. This includes creating, maintaining, and ensuring all regulatory compliance to local, state, federal, and international environmental, health, and safety regulations. In addition, this role will oversee HAZMAT programs, new launch and construction safety, as well as design and engineering safety program management. This role requires an experienced EHS leader with direct people leadership, standing up international EHS programs, strong HAZMAT or environmental background, and new construction or design safety experience. As well as ability to work with autonomy, develop positive relationships across stakeholders, and interact with local officials/regulatory agencies.
What you'll do:
- Develop and own EHS standards, programs, and policies that support Chewy Fulfillment Core & Corporate teams.
- Develop and own international EHS standards for future expansion.
- Develop and own a comprehensive environmental program.
- Develop and own design, engineering, construction, new launch, and change management safety programs.
- Provide best practices to reduce hazards and implement risk mitigation, improving safety for both Chewy Fulfillment Core & Corporate teams.
- Led a core team to develop, maintain, and continuously improve programs mentioned above.
- Develop and deliver on business objectives, KPIs, and team goals to drive safety and environmental performance across Chewy Fulfillment Core & Corporate teams.
- Develop data driven initiatives supporting Chewy’s short and long-term strategies.
- Report into the Sr. Director, Safety & Loss Prevention partnering with HR, Finance, and Operations to execute Chewy’s strategies focused on company vision, people, process, and technology.
What you'll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in EHS, Safety Management, or Environmental Sciences.
- Certified Safety Professional or equivalent required.
- 15 + years of experience in EHS, Environmental Engineering, or Industrial Safety required.
- Experience in international large-scale EHS operations across multiple countries.
- Experience standing up new organizations, focused on EHS excellence, and regulatory compliance by country.
- Experience managing multiple high impact projects simultaneously and ensuring regulatory compliance against all agencies.
- Experience managing multiple small teams across different EHS disciplines, developing EHS programs, and change management required.
- Strong people leader with 5-10 years of experience developing a diverse and dispersed team of health and safety professionals required.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, being able to communication across internal stakeholders and with executive leadership.
- Highly collaborative team player who can build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders including third-party vendors.
- Experience interacting and driving partnership with emergency agencies, regulatory authorities, and government officials at multiple levels required.
- Capable of delivering high quality work and data driven initiatives on time with the ability to manage multiple different projects or programs simultaneously.
- Ability to be flexible, work through ambiguity, succeed in a fast pace environment while having the foresight to build mechanisms and develop strategies. Willing to learn new skills and implement new technologies across Chewy.
- Experience with Gensuite, Avetta, Smartsheets, Safety Management Systems, Microsoft Office, Google platforms, and other workspace software.
- Must be willing to travel up to 40%.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.