Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 300 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
- Operates in a safe manner at all times
- Reports directly to the Maintenance Manager
- Perform a daily walk though giving attention to part containment on set ups, condition of equipment, and clear walkways in automation areas
- Check email daily
- Check molding grid daily for mold change schedule.
- Check JDE system daily for scheduled PM's.
- Perform preventative maintenance duties on all equipment
- Mold change set-up and part containment
- Bailer trouble shooting and repair
- Size change equipment
- Repair offline and online Automation equipment including Robots
- Responsible for maintaining, installing, and or fabricating all guards and safety devices on automated equipment
- Maintain high level of housekeeping in and around work area
- Perform job requirements in safe and professional manner
- Understands Importance of Food Safety, ISO and Plant Safety Policies
- Assist with training on all automation, robot, and vision systems
- Communicate all changes and all important information to the Manager or Supervisor
- Ensure all system performances are optimized and running safely
- Record accurate production data that includes all necessary information needed for tracking purposes
- Collaborate with Maintenance Manager in developing continuous improvement opportunities and implement these ideas for maximum machine efficiency.
- Provide timely repairs and solutions, upkeep, and preventative maintenance toauxiliary and other electrical equipment.
- Ensures adequate repair parts are stocked and notifies the Maintenance Manager if restock is needed, daily.
- Flexibility for occasional overtime and call-in work required.
- Assists with setups, startups, and qualifications.
- Any other duties AND/OR tasks assigned by management
- Education: High School diploma or GED is required. Individuals with 2 – 4 year electrical degree highly desirable.
- Experience: In additions to the educational requirements, previous manufacturing experience a must Plastics/Injection Molding experience a plus.
- To perform this job successfully, and individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- Self- starter with eagerness to learn and take initiative
- Show the ability to learn robotics and automation systems
- Show the ability to learn how to read and understand wiring diagrams
- Show the ability to learn how to troubleshoot pneumatics, AC or DC circuits and motors
- Have the ability to perform basic mechanical trouble shooting and repair
- Have the ability to properly use and read rulers, micrometers and other measuring instruments
- Have the ability to weld using stick, MIG and TIG processes
- Have the ability to use oxyacetylene torch
- The employee must be able to occasionally climb platforms or ladders to train/assist employees with job duties, lift up to 35 pounds, and be able to work 12 hour shifts.
- Ability to utilize a variety of computer software (Microsoft products preferred).
- Ability to organize and prioritize work activities and to handle multiple assignments and/or projects simultaneously.
- Ability to communicate safety, goals and Company expectations with appropriate levels of the organization; create clear, timely audience appropriate messages (both written and verbal).
- In depth knowledge electrical control systems, PLC’s/HMI’s, and power distribution under NEC/NFPA electrical code.