Berry Global Berry Global, headquartered in Evansville, Indiana, is committed to its mission of ‘Always Advancing to Protect What’s Important.’ With $13 billion in revenue for fiscal year 2019 on a combined pro forma basis from operations, Berry is a leading global supplier of a broad range of innovative nonwoven, flexible, and rigid products used every day within consumer and industrial end markets. Berry operates over 290 manufacturing facilities worldwide, on six continents, and employs over 48,000 individuals.
At Berry, we pursue excellence in all that we do and are always advancing to improve the way we work along with the products and services we provide. Our culture fosters trust and partnerships through appreciation, acknowledgement, and inclusion. At Berry, we are continuously improving to support our mission and exemplify our values of partnerships, excellence, growth, and safety. To learn more about Berry, visit berryglobal.com
This position will provide technical, hands-on engineering and project management support for automated production equipment, manufacturing processes and infrastructure. Emphasis on electrical & controls.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Others may be assigned.
- Support safety, quality and productivity goals
- Develop, maintain and troubleshoot multi-discipline machine technology to include electrical, controls, PLCs, vision systems, drives and mechanical.
- Optimize machine and process efficiencies
- Determine and eliminate root causes to reduce defects and downtime while improving safety, quality and productivity in the manufacturing process.
- Work closely with maintenance, operations, safety and quality assurance personnel to address and prevent problems with equipment, systems, products and tooling/fixtures.
- Support development and maintenance of new machines, high speed production equipment and tooling.
- Manage projects and make recommendations regarding new technology to improve product quality and productivity
- Lead and/or provide technical support for continuous improvement projects
- Analyze and design lean manufacturing cells to optimize, use of space, equipment, material and personnel.
- Create training instructions and standard operating procedures for use in equipment implementation
- Train production and maintenance departments on use and maintenance of equipment
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Stay informed concerning new manufacturing technologies and equipment in order to manufacture and reduce cost through efficiencies.
- Support all current and new product introductions.
- Manage vendors/subcontractors to ensure requirements of the job scope are accomplished and confirm that all procedures, policies and regulations are followed.
- All other duties, as assigned.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- 2-5+ years Engineering experience required
- Bachelor's of Science in Electrical Engineering, Engineering Technology, or a related field required
- Candidates with a strong technical skill set and an equivalent combination of education/experience will be considered.
- Strong electrical or controls background with excellent troubleshooting skills; ability to work in "hands on" environment required. Mechanical skills beneficial.
- Strong analytical and problem solving required
- Experience with PLCs required
- Experience in a manufacturing environment required
- Experience with CAD and/or Solid Works applications preferred
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing and Six Sigma concepts preferred
- Strong project management/organizational skills with proven ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, talk or hear. The employee is also regularly required to walk, lift and carry materials to function in their job.
While performing the duties for this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold, extreme heat, and various types of equipment that have vibration. The noise level in the environment is moderate.