Chewy is seeking a Software Engineer II to join the founding team focused on launching customer facing products that will delight and engage partners everywhere. Chewy aspires to be the most trusted and convenient destination for pet parents and you will be responsible for influencing the development of exciting new technology that will drive a step change improvement across this dimension.
At Chewy we are building a team to launch a Sponsored Advertising business looking for a Software Engineer II. Sponsored Ads creates a win-win ecosystem for shoppers, brand owners and Chewy! Shoppers are offered a range of alternate options to help them choose better and learn about new products, new brands, new promotions and different price points. Brand owners and advertisers get to showcase their product offerings in front row for their target audience (proud pet owners) and maximize their reach. Advertising is a critical component of the ecommerce ecosystem and provides a critical revenue stream to the company.
This role is for software developer with full stack expertise. As an early member to the Sponsored Advertising team, you’ll be part of core team that will influence technical strategy across chewy retail website, advertiser portal, product search and discovery, relevance and ranking, prediction and auction of large selection of sponsored products in Chewy catalog. You’ll be at forefront of delivering technology driven business impact.
Come be part of the team to build Sponsored Ads from the ground up at Chewy!
What You'll Do:
- Hold a high bar for the quality of the software implementation and design of systems.
- Drive innovation through rapid prototyping and iterative development.
- Decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions that operationally scale and are easily maintained.
- Adopt best practices in engineering excellence in the team and have the drive to focus on scalability, resiliency, high availability and performance of applications.
- Willing to learn new areas, technologies to solve business problems via technical implementations.
- Automate business workflows and simplify engineering practices.
- Exhibit excellent verbal and written communication and convey dissenting opinions in a constructive manner.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Be a hands-on engineer spending significant percentage of their time writing code or debugging tricky issues
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm -design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Position may require occasional travel.
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform or Ansible and be hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments a plus.
- Experience with Typescript and GraphQL
- Familiarity with Test driven development, Jest and Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS
Compensation & Benefits:
Our salary range for a Software Engineer II position is $115,500.00 - $183,500.00. The specific salary offered to a candidate may be influenced by a variety of factors including but not limited to the candidate’s relevant experience, education, and work location. In addition, this position is eligible for 401k and a new hire and annual equity grant.
We offer different types of insurance, such as medical/Rx, vision, dental, life, disability, hospital indemnity, critical illness, and accident. We offer parental leave, family services benefits, backup dependent care, flexible spending accounts, telemedicine, pet adoption reimbursement, employee assistance program, and many discounts including 10% off pet insurance and 20% off at Chewy.com.
Non-exempt hourly team members accrue paid time off (PTO) while salaried-exempt team members have unlimited PTO, subject to manager approval. Non-exempt hourly team members in Fulfillment Centers and Customer Service are also eligible for additional unplanned unpaid time off (UTO). Team members will receive six paid holidays per year. Team members may be eligible for paid sick and family leave in compliance with applicable state and local regulations.
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.