Chewy is growing and we are looking to expand our autoship systems and services team with talented software engineers in multiple locations. If you are a Senior Software Engineer and interested in building applications to solve real world operational problems that will be highly impactful and visible to leadership at Chewy, please apply! In this role, the ideal candidate will engage in iterative development, testing, and make contributions to the growth and development of one of Chewy’s fastest growing revenue streams.
You will be a senior software engineer with a BS in CS, or related degree/experience, focused on mainly building distributed systems. Our Autoship team is scaling the platform to have loosely coupled components, a real-time event system and self-corrective processes for real-time customer experience, a federated GraphQL API to seamlessly access data, and an aggregated data pipeline to ingest data from predictive ML models and recommendation engines. You will use Java, Kotlin, GraphQL, DynamoDB, SNS/SQS, AWS ECS/Fragate, Kubernetes, Kafka, and AWS Lambda to build out the platform. In this is role you will support the creation & deployment of new concept prototypes applications, system & services supporting standardization, optimization, automation, and process infrastructure of the Autoship business & operations.
About this Team:
Autoship is a service that Chewy offers to customers so that they can receive items that they purchase often, on an automatic shipment schedule. Our team’s mission is to make Autoship the most loved pet care subscription program. As the most convenient and simple-to-use subscription offering, Autoship helps pet parents easily address their pets’ needs so they can spend more time enjoying their relationships with their pets. Furthermore, Autoship customers are Chewy’s most developed and loyal customers, and the trust they place in Autoship to meet their needs drives long-term customer engagement with Chewy.
What You'll Do:
- You will be technical leader in your team responsible for delivering projects, designing systems, and mentoring junior engineers in the team.
- Design, develop and implement solutions using varied technologies focusing on scalability, latency, and resiliency.
- Review code, implementation and provide meaningful feedback that helps other prototype engineers to build better prototypes.
- Experience in using DevOps principles and techniques to delivery high quality software prototypes with the least technical debt possible.
- Establish strong working relationships at all organizational levels and across functional teams
- You will have responsibility over major components of autoship platform – both development and operational needs.
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience as Software Engineer.
- 6+ years of software development with scalable distributed microservice application (Java/Kotlin/Micronaut/SpringBoot).
- Hands-on experience in designing, building, and deploying scalable, highly available systems
- Be a hands-on engineer spending significant percentage of their time writing code or debugging tricky issues
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Proficiency in Computer Science fundamentals – object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm - design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in e-commerce
- Experience with Scrum, XP or other agile methodologies a plus
- Experience with configuration and deployment management via Terraform or Ansible and be hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
- Experience with data analysis/mining in large scale database environments a plus.
- Experience with React, Typescript, and GraphQL
- Familiarity with Test driven development, JUnit, Selenium, Jest and Cypress
- Familiarity with AWS/Azure/Google Cloud
Chewy is committed to equal opportunity. We value and embrace diversity and inclusion of all Team Members. If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, and you need an accommodation during the application process or to perform these job requirements, or if you need a religious accommodation, please contact CAAR@chewy.com.
If you have a question regarding your application, please contact HR@chewy.com.