Seeking Electrical Engineer with 3+ years of PCB and system design and development experience to support our growing energy storage, power, and systems applied R&D and product development programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Qualified Candidates will be able to:
- Lead technical electrical design portions of projects in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Implement new technology from concept through detailed design
- Program proficiently in C/C++ or similar to develop embedded software
- Proficiency using design and calculation software such as Altium, KiCAD, SPICE, MATLAB, and Simulink
- Design, develop, and troubleshoot custom PCBs and prototype embedded designs
- Implement various communication protocols (Bluetooth LE, I2C, CAN, UART, etc.)
- Demonstrate knowledge of circuit design, including power conversation topologies
Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience with battery management system (BMS) design and implementation
- Experience with battery and power systems testing
- Experience with project management (schedule, budget, delivery)
To be successful in CRG’s corporate culture, Qualified Candidates must also be able:
· Perform in the dynamic environment of a growing small business
- Work in a multi-disciplinary, team-oriented environment
- Participate in multiple technical programs at once (typically 3 or 4 programs simultaneously)
- Apply a get-it-done, and get-it-done-right mindset coupled with attention to detail
- Apply proactive and reactive problem-solving skills; Be a self-starter
- Quickly understand new technology areas and manage and adapt to rapidly changing needs
- Communicate technical results, plans, and issues with internal and external customers, including presenting and writing reports and proposals
- Support pursuit of new business opportunities through proposal writing, opportunity identification and participation in meetings
- Stay current in technology advancements and embrace growth opportunities
- Exclusive US citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance is required
- BS in Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an accredited university is required
- Minimum 3 years industry experience with electronics circuit design, build, and test/debug activities is required
Eligible employees of Cornerstone Research Group (CRG) have access to a wealth of health, wellness, and work-life balance benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- PTO: 5 weeks of annual paid time off
- Paid holidays (federal holiday schedule)
- Family-friendly schedule flexibility
- Health savings account (HSA)
- Flexible savings account (FSA)
- Short- and long-term disability
- Group term life
- Voluntary term life
- 401(k) retirement account with employer match contribution
- Wellness incentive opportunities
- Casual, flexible, and hybrid 50/50 work environment (based on position responsibilities)
- Free coffee and soft drinks in the office
- Social events
- Free parking
Salary Range: $80,000 - $120,000 depending on experience
Cornerstone Research Group, Inc. (CRG), near Dayton, Ohio, is an Aerospace and Defense company that develops and delivers innovative, customer-focused technology solutions.
When you join our dynamic and rapidly-growing organization, you will collaborate closely within our multi-disciplinary team of Engineers and Scientists to rapidly develop and demonstrate innovation across a broad range of technology areas, including our core business areas:
quiet electric propulsion; electric aircraft systems; design-build-fly prototypes
Power and Energy
battery technology; portable power systems; power conversion, management, and distribution; vehicle electrification
Advanced Materials and Manufacturing
composite design and fabrication; high temperature material and process development
Medical & Sensor Technology
health & wellness products; patient care; wearables; environment monitoring and protection
The environment is dynamic but highly flexible with many exciting problem-solving opportunities and room to define future areas of technical growth for the organization.
WHO ARE WE?
CRG’s multidisciplinary team has successfully tackled our customers’ most challenging problems with discipline, creativity and flexibility in core business areas including aerospace systems, power and energy, advanced materials and manufacturing, medical technology, and sensor systems. This has resulted in CRG being recognized as a leader in innovation, in technology commercialization, and in providing a work environment that is deeply rewarding. Because of the nature of our work, exclusive U.S. citizenship is required for employment, and employees may be required to obtain and maintain a security clearance. To learn more about us, please visit: www.crgrp.com.
Our employees are our most important assets. Our team mentality is key to our success. We value:
-Honesty and Integrity
-Respect and Dedication
-Innovation and Collaboration
-Humility, Agility, and Will
We run fast but value work-life balance and flexibility. Our entrepreneurial / intrapreneurial mindset fosters our growth.
CRG is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy), age, genetic information, disability, military or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.