Congo Brands is at the epicenter of where consumer demand meets product development. Through brand partnerships with lead influencers, we are afforded an inside look at what consumers truly desire. Congo Brands is a health and wellness brand that sells supplements, fitness snacks, hydration drinks, energy drinks, and more through e-commerce and retail partnerships. Congo Brands houses some of the world’s most noted brands including Alani Nu, Prime Hydration, and 3D Energy. Congo Brands is on pace to become one of the world’s most noted consumer product companies, with revenue growth increasing exponentially year over year. Congo Brand’s goal is to be the go-to ‘Better for You Brand’ for everything from ready-to-drink beverages, snacks, supplements and more.
The Director of Sales, C-Store leads the development and execution of our Convenience Channel strategy and has accountability for top and bottom-line performance. Given the importance of each of these partners to our growth plans, this role occupies an important cross functional position within Congo Brands, shaping our new product development strategy with Marketing and R&D, and partnering with senior leaders in Finance and Supply Chain to manage budgets and support fill rates. In addition, the Director of Sales, C-Store will partner with our Vice President, Sales Non-Beverage to regularly engage with the Executive Team.
This candidate should have direct experience with 7-11, Loves, QT, Sheetz, Kum & Go, Casey’s, and/or Circle K among many others. The role reports directly to the VP, Sales Non-Beverage.
- Lead our C-Store, Non-Beverage sales channel and partner with the Buyers at each retailer on joint business planning, innovation launches, and general management.
- Achieve quarterly and annual sales goals for the C-store channel.
- Develop, implement, and achieve C-store sales plans.
- Work within budget guidelines to build sales and meet profitability goals.
- Track sales performance against objectives and informs management of results.
- Develop sales strategies and new-item initiatives for C-store accounts.
- Develop account specific promotional plans and programs; track performance, spending and adjust as necessary to maximize ROI.
- Establish and maintain deep business relationships with key C-Store retailers.
- Assess retail requirements and partner with Marketing, Finance, Supply Chain, and R&D of unique product requirements, certifications to effectively compete.
- Effectively communicates, collaborates within Sales and cross-functionally, and builds relationships with internal team.
- Develop, manage, and communicate sales forecasts with internal team to inform production.
- Prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual sales reports showing historical sales volume against budget, and areas of opportunity, risk, expansion, and consumer insights.
- Monitor and communicate changes in the competitive landscape.
- Lead cross-functional development of a multi-year growth vision for the C-Store channel inclusive of distribution, promotion strategy, product and packaging innovation, pricing, and cost savings levers.
Key Skills and Experience Preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum of 5-10 years of experience in field sales, sales strategy, planning, or category management.
- Direct experience in a Food channel of at least 3-5 years in a field sales capacity, including a top-to-top buyer partnership.
- A proven track record of growing top and bottom-line growth in the Food channel.
- Must be willing to work in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Action oriented with a can-do, positive attitude inspiring other around to adopt a winning attitude.
- Self-motivated, goal driven and willing to start at the ground floor and scale.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written); strong analytical and tactical skills.
- Exceptional organizational skills.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with demonstrated mastery of using PowerPoint to create effective sales presentations as well as
- for data analysis.
- Deep understanding of pricing model and cross-channel interaction/risk mitigation.
- Strong and demonstrated negotiation skills and training.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Sales, or equivalent experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive Salary
- Health/Vision/Dental Benefits
- 15 days of PTO + 8 paid holidays
- 6 weeks paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Monthly cell phone stipend
- AND SO MUCH MORE!
Congo Brands, LLC. Is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, or any other classification protected by Federal, state, or local law.