The Diez Group Kansas City is a tier one manufacturing supplier of blanked steel and aluminum. We are a Hispanic owned minority business that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers. We are looking for a full time custodian, (Monday-Friday) to join our team. Your position will focus on maintaining a clean, sanitized and tidy offices and plant.
- Maintain cleaning per the cleaning schedule.
- Empty and clean trash receptacles and collect recycling.
- Clean, sanitize and restock supplies in the bathrooms.
- Clean, sanitize the employee break rooms.
- Cleaning windows inside the offices.
- Support with shoveling and or salting walkways as needed.
- Maintain floors in a clean state by sweeping, scrubbing and mopping them.
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department.
- Ensure grounds areas are clean and orderly to include picking up trash and cigarette butts.
- Assist with organization and disbursement of office supplies and deliveries as needed.
- Must follow SDS protocol when handling any cleaning supplies.
- Other duties as assigned.
· Must be able to work all shifts.
· Be able to safely operate a power scrubber.
· Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks at one time.
· Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions.
· Ability to work independently and with minimum supervision.
· Team player, self-starter, motivated.
· Adherence to the attendance policy.
· Able to work with a variety of cleaning products.
The employee is required to stand, walk and have a full range of motion. Must be able to effectively use standard cleaning supplies, ie mops, brooms and trash compactor, etc. The employee must be able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Required Education and Experience
· HS diploma or GED required
· Previous custodial experience is preferred
· Previous experience in the manufacturing industry is helpful
· Familiar with operating, caring for, and storing custodial equipment and supplies
The Company provides a comprehensive health plan. Employees will be eligible to participate in most benefits following 90 days of employment.
· United Healthcare, Delta Dental and VSP Vision Insurance
· Life Insurance
· Short Term
· 401k Retirement Plan