Caravelle Boat Group is seeking an accountant. The ideal candidate is someone who has prior experience in accounting, the ability to multitask, and working knowledge of computers.
* Access computerized financial information to answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
* Calculate and prepare checks for utilities, taxes, and other payments.
* Calculate costs of materials, overhead and other expenses, based on estimates, quotations and price lists.
* Calculate, prepare, and issue bills, invoices, account statements, and other financial statements according to established procedures.
* Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
* Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
* Code documents according to company procedures.
* Compare computer printouts to manually maintained journals to determine if they match.
* Compile budget data and documents, based on estimated revenues and expenses and previous budgets.
* Compile statistical, financial, accounting or auditing reports and tables pertaining to such matters as cash receipts, expenditures, accounts payable and receivable, and profits and losses.
* Complete and submit tax forms and returns, workers' compensation forms, pension contribution forms, and other government documents.
* Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, and regulations.
* Compute deductions for income and social security taxes.
* Debit, credit, and total accounts on computer spreadsheets and databases, using specialized accounting software.
* Maintain inventory records.
* Match order forms with invoices, and record the necessary information.
* Monitor status of loans and accounts to ensure that payments are up to date.
* Operate 10-key calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
* Operate computers programmed with accounting software to record, store, and analyze information.
* Perform financial calculations such as amounts due, interest charges, balances, discounts, equity, and principal.
* Perform general office duties such as filing, answering telephones, and handling routine correspondence.
* Perform personal bookkeeping services.
* Prepare and process payroll information.
* Prepare bank deposits by compiling data from cashiers, verifying and balancing receipts, and sending cash, checks, or other forms of payment to banks.
* Prepare purchase orders and expense reports.
* Prepare trial balances of books.
* Receive, record, and bank cash, checks, and vouchers.
* Reconcile or note and report discrepancies found in records.
* Reconcile records of bank transactions.
* Transfer details from separate journals to general ledgers or data processing sheets.
* Applicants preferred to have at least a Some college, no degree
* Applicants must have at least 2 years experience
* Applicants must hold a Regular driving license
*Health, vision, and dental insurance
*Paid time off
Apply to join our team today!
At Factory Direct Marine & RV we take security and protection of your personal information very seriously. Please be aware of individuals that might approach you by falsely presenting themselves as our employees or representatives. Under this false pretense, they might try to gain access to your personal information or to acquire money from you by offering fictitious employment opportunities on our behalf.
Factory Direct Marine & RV will never ask for financial information of any kind or for payment of money during the job application process. We do not require any financial, credit card or bank account information and/or any payment of any kind to be considered for employment. If you are being asked to pay for equipment fees or some other deposit or application processing fee, even if claimed you will be reimbursed, this is not Factory Direct Marine & RV . These claims are fraudulent, and you are strongly advised to exercise caution when you receive such an offer of employment.
The offer or claim will probably be in the form of an email sent from a fake email address or from Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc, and not from an official Factory Direct Marine & RV rise email address = (@FDMRV.COM). Please take extra caution while examining such an email address, as the scammers may misspell an official Factory Direct Marine & RV email address and use a slightly modified version duplicating letters.
Factory Direct Marine & RV will not be held liable or responsible for any claims, losses, damages or expenses resulting from the scammers. If you suspect a position is fraudulent, please contact Factory Direct Marine & RV Talent Acquisition aT Bjones@fdmrv.com. If you believe you are the victim of fraud resulting from a job listing, please contact your local authorities.
- Never provide personal or bank information over email or phone
- Never take cashier's checks or money orders as a form of payment, as your bank will hold you accountable for any bounced checks.
- Never wire funds to an employer. Any employer who requests wire funds is a scam.
- Never apply for a job listed by someone from another country.
- Never apply for a job with someone who indicates they are away on business or out of the country and need someone to begin with right away.
- Never agree to a background check unless you have met employer in person, and do not provide your personal information over email or phone.
- Never apply to a position that is emailed to you unsolicited.