Advance your career with the #1 aluminum knuckle manufacturer in the world at Aludyne! We aim to recruit and retain thoughtful, inquisitive people fueled by the same entrepreneurial spirit that drives us. It’s how we deliver on the promises we make to our customers and to each other. We believe in continuous improvement for our workforce and providing them with the tools necessary to further their career while also giving them the autonomy to make a defined difference. If you want to accelerate your development in an environment that promotes fairness, inclusivity, and enhances both personal and professional growth, we'd love to hear from you!
The Furnace Melt Technician handles all furnace operations by melting aluminum sows, ingots, and scrap material to maintain the flow of production in the die cast department. This position ensures heat treating furnaces and related equipment operate properly to shift the physical properties of metal to obtain the desired qualities.
What You'll Do:
- Participate in safe operations of Furnace Department practices and uphold housekeeping standards
- Safely operate forklift including safety checks and hazard reports to safely deliver molten metal to die cast machines
- Maintain proper metal properties and metal levels in melt and holding furnaces
- Charge main metal furnaces with ingot, molten metal and scrap as needed to maintain metal levels and restart furnace from off position
- Perform metal temperature checks to ensure temperature is within specific range, record temperature readings, and notify supervisor if temperature is out of range
- Assist with metal quality checks by making aluminum pucks for lab analysis to ensure proper chemistry make up is maintained in accordance to alloy specifications
- Make additions to the furnace when the lab requests chemistry adjustments
- Clean melt and holding furnaces using flux and removing dross as necessary
- Properly perform preventative and predictive maintenance on dosing furnaces as well as troubleshooting when necessary
- Perform maintenance and repairs of metal equipment as required
Why You'll Love Working for Us:
- Comprehensive Benefits Package to include medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Health Savings Account with annual employer contributions and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Career Development and On-The-Job Training
- Employer 401K Match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid vacation and holidays
What We Need from You:
- 1-3 months related experience and/or training preferred (or equivalent combination of education and experience)
- Forklift experience preferred
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos
- Work in a fast-paced environment while handling multiple priorities
- Effectively communicate with supervision and support personnel
- Ability to stand, bend, and stoop for long periods of time
- Ability to lift, push, and pull heavy objects up to 55 pounds regularly
- Ability to read, write, perform basic math calculations, and complete visual inspections
Visit us to learn more about life at Aludyne!
Aludyne is an equal employment opportunity employer such that all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or other legally protected status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.