The Diez Group is a Ford tier 1 status metal part supplier, warehousing & logistics center serving the automotive industry for over 45 years. The Diez Group is a Hispanic & woman owned minority organization and an equal opportunity employer. We are a widely recognized, award winning supplier that believes in on time delivery of high quality products at a competitive price to its customers. To learn more about us or to see a full list of our current job openings at each of our plant locations, visit our website at thediezgroup.com The Diez Group has locations (listed below) currently seeking an: INDUSTRIAL ELECTRICIAN
- Kansas City, Mo (DGKC)
- Pay based on experience $28.00-$35.00 plus overtime
What you get:
- Paid time off
- Shift differential for 2nd shift
- Weekly paychecks
- Medical, dental, and vision plans
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- 401K retirement plans
- Educational Assistance
- Career Advancement
- Employee Assistance Program
- Referral Bonus
What are the job responsibilities of the Industrial Electrician for the Diez Group?
DGKC is a two (2) shift, facility specializing in steel and aluminum coil blanking to service the Automotive Stamping Industry. Your primary goal will be to ensure that our production machinery is functioning properly and safely by inspecting, maintaining, repairing, and updating all electrical systems and components.
- Keep machinery in good and safe working order by detecting and correcting issues.
- Perform assigned predictive and preventative maintenance tasks.
- Perform general maintenance of the facility.
- Document completed tasks in a daily shift report.
- Other duties as assigned.
Equipment Overview: Motorized Uncoilers, Crop Shears, Pinch Rolls, Levelers, Feeders, Mechanical Blanking Presses, Automated Stackers, Production Conveyors, and Scrap Conveyor System
What does it take to be an Industrial Electrician for the Diez Group? Below are the minimum qualifications for an Industrial Electrician.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3+ years’ experience as an electrician in an industrial environment
- Journeyman Electrician license preferred
- Previous experience working with PLCs (Allen Bradley and Modicon)
- In depth understanding of 3 phase electrical systems and troubleshooting procedures up to 460VAC
- Strong knowledge of motor controls, AC and DC Drive systems, and PLC controls
- Previous experience operating overhead cranes, man lifts, and fork trucks
- Excellent mathematical and analytical skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Ability to work as part of a team and collaborate effectively
- Critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, self-directed and have the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to lift heavy objects, walk and stand for long periods of time and perform strenuous physical labor under adverse field conditions
- Flexible with working overtime as needed
- Must adhere to all company policies, including attendance
The Diez Group is an equal opportunity employer