SunSource and its family of companies represent 200+ locations and 3,000+ employees making up one of North America’s leading value-add industrial distribution companies. We provide customers with products and solutions within Fluid Power, Fluid Process, Fluid Conveyance, General Industrial Components, and Industrial Service & Repair. www.sun-source.com
The primary responsibility of this position is the overall development and implementation of the SunSource sales process and onboarding best practices. The major areas of focus are to align the sales teams with key sales resources and tools, technical product managers, our supplier network, and sales enablement platforms.
- Developing and implementing sales training programs: Delivering a training program to enhance the sales team’s skills, knowledge, and effectiveness.
- Collaborating with marketing and sales teams to create sales content such as playbooks, sales scripts, and product collateral. Ensuring this content is up to date, organized, and readily accessible to the sales teams and management.
- Identifying areas for improvement in the sales process and working with sales leadership to streamline and enhance the overall sales methodology. This will involve conducting analysis, gathering feedback, and implementing best practices.
- Sales tools administration: Managing and supporting the implementation of sales tools and technologies, such as CRM, sales enablement platforms, and communication tools. Assisting the sales team in effectively utilizing these tools to maximize productivity and performance.
- Sales communication and collaboration: Facilitating effective communication and collaboration between different departments, especially sales, marketing, technical and sales training. This includes ensuring that sales teams are aligned with marketing strategies, campaigns, and product updates.
- Tracking and reporting: collecting and analyzing data on sales performance, training effectiveness, and sales initiatives. Generating reports and providing insights to sales leadership on key metrics, trends, and areas of improvement.
- Sales coaching and support: Proving ongoing coaching and support to sales representatives, including one on one coaching sessions, role playing, and feedback sessions to help improve their sales skills.
Experience, Education and Skills
- Highschool Diploma / GED
- Bachelor’s degree preferred (marketing / business or technical); 2-year technical degree minimum
- 10+ years of experience with a proven track record of creating and implementing sales initiatives in an industrial or manufacturing environment
- Experience in sales enablement, revenue-facing roles, sales training, and sales support
- Experience executing change management initiatives with established approaches
- Proven ability to coach, motivate, and manage a sales group to achieve their sales goals
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Must be able to influence and persuade
- Travel up to 50%
- Vaid Drivers License
Would you rather see what we have to offer? Check out SunSource Core Competency video www.sun-source.com