Mission-Driven. Honor-Bound. Fairbanks Morse Defense. What’s your calling? For the men and women of Fairbanks Morse Defense it’s the rapid and effective support of the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. We’re one of the nation’s leading marine defense contractors because of the highly trained and dedicated teams that provide reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. When you join Fairbanks Morse Defense, you join a legacy of commitment that spans 150 years. Fairbanks Morse Defense offers competitive benefits with a wide range of training and development opportunities. Our world-class teams are dedicated to helping every individual achieve their full potential. Discover what it’s like to be a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense team here: https://www.fairbanksmorsedefense.com/careers
🌟 Are you ready to make an impact? 🌟
Who We Are: At Fairbanks Morse Defense, we're on a mission to provide rapid and effective support to the fleets that entrust us to design, develop, and deliver the best naval power technology on the planet. With a legacy of commitment spanning 150 years, we're proud to be one of the nation's leading marine defense contractors. Our dedicated teams offer reliable power systems, parts, and aftermarket services to the U.S. Navy, Coast Guard, Military Sealift Command, and Canadian Coast Guard. Join us in shaping the future of naval power technology!
Join Our Team: If you're passionate about making a difference, we want to hear from you! Become a part of the Fairbanks Morse Defense legacy, where your skills and dedication will help us continue to deliver excellence in naval power technology.
Why Join Us:
- 🌟 Advancement Opportunities
- 🌟 Bonus Travel Incentives
- 🌟 Product Line Certification Bonus
- 🌟 Competitive benefits:
- Outstanding 401K
- Tuition Reimbursement
- 🌟 State-of-the-Art Training Facility
What You'll Do: As an Associate Field Service Technician (AFST), you'll be at the forefront of innovation and excellence. You'll work on the installation, commissioning, and servicing of products serviced by Fairbanks Morse Defense (FMD) which may include diesel engines, electrical controls, roll-up doors, cranes, elevators and davits, making a real impact on marine vessels and customer sites. With the guidance of experienced senior technicians, you'll develop your skills and build a rewarding career.
- Perform hands-on repair, overhaul, and commissioning of products on marine vessels or at customer sites.
- Perform work at high level of quality, in accordance with tech manuals and OJT.
- Accurate and timely reporting, and thorough documentation of your work and inspections.
- Provide customer support; act as an FMD ambassador of customer satisfaction
You must have:
- High School Diploma or GED and either an associate degree in a technical discipline or three years of military or industry service in one or more similar or equivalent product lines serviced by FMD
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 75%, including weekends, evenings, holidays, and short-notice emergency situations (domestic and international)
- Ability to read and interpret equipment diagrams and blueprints.
- Proficiency in English (verbal and written).
- US Citizenship
- Valid driver’s license.
Apply now and take the first step toward an exciting and rewarding career with us!
Fairbanks Morse Defense is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Fairbanks Morse offers a competitive benefits package including but not limited to medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance and 401k retirement plan with employer match. In addition, we offer paid time off, paid holidays, paid parental leave, and tuition reimbursement. This position may also be eligible for a travel hardship bonus when applicable.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled