We are working on exciting projects, connecting materials to systems, to drive new innovations that enable the growth of Artificial Intelligence. You can be part of this cutting-edge design team, in designing new packaging technologies that moves the industry forward on AI. You will have the opportunity to design PCBs and Packages, in a co-design manner that significantly improves the system Power, Performance and Area. In this role, you will focus on thermal and/or mechanical design, modeling and simulations of the packaging technologies.
- Collaborate with collaborators to evaluate the process risk and propose solutions by performing thermal and mechanical simulations on semiconductor packaging assemblies.
- Build and maintain physical models at difference scopes to perform troubleshooting on new packages/process problems as related to design, material, or process.
- Build the DTCO (Design Technology Co-Optimization) simulation platform to enable efficient evaluation and down-selection of new materials and other process options using PPAC (power, performance, area and cost) design metrics.
- Work with software vendor to improve the modeling capability
- BS, MS or PhD in Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent science/engineering field
- Deep understanding of mechanics of materials, semiconductor physics, and thermal/mechanical theory related to electronics processing and assembly techniques
- Structural analysis expertise, static state and dynamic thermal and mechanical FEA analysis with ANSYS mechanical or other equivalent tools
- Experience with semiconductor IC packaging including die attach, flip chip, thermal compression bonding
- Experience with advanced microelectronics packaging, MCM, 2.5D, 3D, etc., substrate design and layout
- Familiar with assembly and substrate manufacturing process
- Familiar with trade-offs among package cost, technologies, design, performance, power, and thermal requirements
- Use of Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and proficiency in writing for reporting
- willingness to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Strong knowledge of problem analysis and diagnosis technique
- Strong communication skill and good teamwork skills in working together to achieve goals.
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$144,000.00 - $198,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.