Applied Materials is the leader in materials engineering solutions to produce virtually every new chip and advance display systems in the world. Our expertise in modifying materials at atomic levels and on industrial scale enables customers to transform possibilities into reality. Our innovations make possible™ the technology shaping the future. To achieve this, we employ some of the best, brightest and most talented people in the world who work together as part of a winning finance team.
This role under Corporate GFP&A will support driving the financial and planning activities, including budgeting, forecasting and business analysis activities for the entire company. The person coming into this role will partner with the business segments to enable actionable analytics and reporting. The ideal candidate needs to be comfortable with working on both strategic initiatives, such as enhancing financial reporting capabilities, and with deliverables related to regular business cycles.
This person will help summarize the data related to market trends and drivers, competitors, business unit financials. This person will proactively work with key business partners across the company’s finance organization to understand and help further develop reports and processes that are both efficient and that can scale with the company’s growth. This position will involve analyzing and developing content for CFO, Product groups, Investor Relations and Treasury groups.
The right individual will have strong work ethics and a desire to continuously learn, and use that skillset and learnings to extend and enhance the financial reporting processes as well as analytics.
- Manage assigned FP&A reporting and analysis deliverables in an effective and efficient way
- Translate and interpret financial results into recommendations for further communication
- Develop & own the KPI dashboard and internal financial reporting tools
- Provide financial modeling, analysis, and valuation support for acquisitions and ad-hoc projects
- Manage and update content as needed for investor relations events and board meetings
- Implement reporting of key financial metrics that enable meaningful insights and improve the visibility to company’s financial results
- Partner with GIS and with other business areas to enable implementation of new reporting systems and processes
- Bachelor’s Degree (Finance, Accounting, Economics or Business-related degree preferred)
- 3-5 years of experience in Finance/Accounting for a reputable firm
- Strong analytical & financial modeling skills
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Attention to details. Ability to think clearly and work effectively with cross-functional teams
- Curiosity to learn the business & improve upon existing processes
- Experience in new business intelligence technologies, tools & concepts such as Python, Hadoop, Tableau, Machine Learning a strong plus
Requires in-depth knowledge and experience. Uses best practices and knowledge of internal or external business issues to improve products or services. Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective using existing solutions. Works independently, receives minimal guidance. Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
U.S. Salary Range:
$80,000.00 - $110,000.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.