About Rison, Arkansas & our local plant operations
Located 25 miles Southwest of Pine Bluff, the Rison area blends serene rural living with engaging outdoor activities like fishing and hiking, enhanced by a strong community spirit showcased in their annual “Fall Festival” every October. Our 40 acre manufacturing site in Rison was constructed in 2007 and specializes in the production of high quality utility poles. The local Stella-Jones team is made up of 35+ dedicated manufacturing professionals across a variety of positions. To learn more about Rison’s utility pole products (including a 1 minute video), visit our product page: https://www.stella-jones.com/en/products/utility-poles
The Stella-Jones team is seeking an EHS Technician for our Rison manufacturing plant. This role is primarily responsible for ensuring Environmental, Health and Safety compliance at the location, as well as occasional travel to two other Stella-Jones locations in Arkansas. This role will also involve a small percentage of time (estimated at 10%) assisting the plant team with various Quality assurance efforts
- Responsible for implementing Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) and Quality Control (QC) policies, programs, and procedures.
- Conducts EHS and QC Inspections according to company policies. Ensures and maintains corporate quality records on quality standards and carefully documents data.
- Performs EHS and QA facility audits according to company policies.
- Provides EHS/QA training at facility. Ensures records for trainings are accurately maintained.
- Works with Plant Manager and EHS department to complete permit applications.
- Performs accident and incident investigation as necessary.
- Provides recommendation to department supervisors and plant employees in regard to safety and environmental matters.
- Responsible for accurate and timely EHS reporting and recordkeeping according to company policy.
- Assists in field and laboratory testing, evaluates results, and makes recommendations on treatment of materials.
- Oversees processing of quality reports and maintenance of quality databases.
- Assists production departments in driving product quality and implementation of process improvements.
- Ensures all preservative concentrations in work solutions are monitored on a regular basis to determine if they are within specified company and industry standards.
- Oversees boring, inspection, and chemical analysis of all treated charges; issues all treating certificates and certified treating reports.
- Maintains accurate records of all field and laboratory analysis, inspections, correspondence, specifications, research, or other documents.
- Participates and contributes to company safety program.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
- Education: (Required) High School Diploma or GED
- Experience: Industry Experience is required
- License/Certification: N/A
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency with computers (specifically Microsoft Office Products)
- Quality program implementation experience
- Problem solving skills
- Critical writing
- Public speaking
- Valid US State driver’s license
- Ability to multitask