ARTAZN LLC, a Jadex Inc. company, is a US-based manufacturer of zinc strip and applied zinc products. Headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, we are the largest North American producer of solid zinc strip and zinc-based products, and one of the largest in the world. For over a century, ARTAZN™’s craftsmen and visionaries have fueled innovative solutions and a manufacturing process centered around maximizing the transformative properties of zinc. ARTAZN™ is one of the leading coin blank manufacturers, with 300 billion coins released into circulation, and also supplies for customers in the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection and specialty industries.
ARTAZN™ is committed to: always being customer first; responding to client needs with innovative, high-quality solutions that are efficient and reliable; creating value through performance.
VP International Sales - Greeneville, TN
Formerly known as Jarden Zinc Products, ARTAZN is one of the world's oldest and largest producers of solid zinc strip and zinc products and the largest in all of North America. We create solutions for the automotive, architectural, building, cathodic protection, and specialty industries globally. And for the past 140+ years, our legacy of zinc manufacturing and innovation has challenged us to be the best in all areas: as leaders, as craftspeople, and as partners.
ARTAZN is the world’s leading manufacturer of plated coin blanks, producing over 350 billion blanks for over 20 countries in the past 40 years.
ARTAZN is headquartered in Greeneville, Tennessee, with a manufacturing space of 350,000 square feet. We are certified to ISO 9001:2015, ISO 14001:2015, and IATF 16949:2016 to ensure the highest quality and environmental standards for our products and services.
The Vice President of Sales - International Coinage is responsible for growing the international coinage business and keeping the growth pipeline and the manufacturing coinage lines filled.
Job Duties / Responsibilities:
- Identifies and wins new customers in target markets with target products.
- Builds team and leads Director of International Coinage, Coinage R&D Laboratory Specialist (Lab Manager), and agents.
- Identifies decisions makers at each customer.
- Identifies decision influencers, consultants, and US Commercial Service members to support growth.
- Maps out value chain per market and product.
- Identifies strategic product and business development opportunities, assesses their value, promotes development internally and externally.
- Grows revenue through product penetration and displacing existing products or technologies.
- Maintains growth pipeline of high likelihood accounts and opportunities, over multi-year period, at least three times the value of the growth goal.
- Wins new customers and projects every year.
- Grow margin dollars year over year.
- Provides strategic leadership to Coinage R&D Laboratory
- Directs Coinage R&D Laboratory Specialist
- Ensures R&D Lab development and projects align with strategic growth vision.
- Maintains pricing on all coinage products, addresses cost/pricing issues on materials and production to support margins.
- Participates in industry meetings and technical conferences, develops appropriate promotional materials and presentations.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for the effective management of the department, including provision for the selection and development of employees, salary and budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling and motivation, disciplinary action, organization of goals and objectives, and planning, organizing, integrating, and measuring the work performed within the department.
- Performs such individual assignments/tasks related to Coinage, and other aspects of the business as the President, ARTAZN may direct; establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the Department, the Group, the Company, and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge, and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
- Responsible for both direct reports (Director of International Coinage, Coinage R&D Laboratory Specialist - Lab Manager) and indirect reports (R&D Engineers)
- Bachelor of Science degree in related field or equivalent degree. MBA strongly preferred.
- 10 years industrial / developmental sales experience in non-ferrous metal field.
- Familiarity with Zinc and Zinc related market potential and applications preferred.
- Understanding of the costing structure for both manufacturing costs and project development costs.
- Leadership skills: Skills to influence the actions and opinions of others in a desired direction: to exhibit judgment in leading others to worthwhile objectives.
- Perceptivity skills: Skills to interpret verbal and non-verbal behavior; to develop accurate perception and understanding of others’ feelings, needs, values, and opinions; to be sensitive to and aware of personality differences and conflicts.
- Expert interaction skills: Expert skills to interact with others in a warm and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport.
- The demonstrated skills to read, write, comprehend, and follow written, verbal, and nonverbal communication with all levels of an organization, especially customers.
- International sales
- Selling to governments
- Influencing multiple decision makers with competing priorities
- Complex deal making with large organizations.
- Security product sales
- Metal and electroplated product sales
- Domestic and international travel up to 50% of the time
- Competitive salary and bonus structure
- Full benefits package
- 401K with match
- Strong vacation and corporate holiday policy