ABM, a leading provider of integrated facility solutions, is looking for a Utility engineer.
The Utility person provides assistance with various maintenance projects including operating, maintaining, and inspecting facility equipment in accordance with written, posted and industry standards. Performs regular inspections and reports findings with recommendations to management.
ABM (NYSE: ABM) is a leading provider of facility solutions with revenues of approximately $6.4 billion and over 130,000 employees in 300 offices deployed throughout the United States and various international locations. ABM’s comprehensive capabilities include electrical & lighting, energy solutions, facilities engineering, HVAC & mechanical, janitorial, landscape & turf, mission critical solutions and parking, provided through stand-alone or integrated solutions. Founded in 1909, ABM provides custom facility solutions in urban, suburban and rural areas to properties of all sizes — from schools and commercial buildings to hospitals, data centers, manufacturing plants and airports.
The Company may require that the successful candidate hired for this position be fully-vaccinated for COVID-19, if and to the extent permitted by applicable law. The Company will make exceptions for medical, sincerely held religious belief, or other legally required exceptions.
Position Summary Details
Under the supervision of Chief and/or Assistant Chief Engineer performs functions and duties that do not require the expertise of a Stationary Engineer. Supports the implementation and documentation of site safety plans and all Able Engineering Services’ operational standards and guidelines as well as site specific standards, policies and procedures relating to the engineering department.
The pay listed is the hourly range or the hourly rate for this position. A specific offer will vary based on applicant’s experience, skills, abilities, geographic location, and alignment with market data.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package. For information about ABM’s benefits, visit ABM 2023 Employee Benefits | Front Line Team Members (Programa de beneficios de).
401(k) – You become eligible to make personal contributions beginning the first of the month following 30 days of employment. You become eligible for the ABM match beginning the first of the month following six months of employment. ABM matches your pre-tax and/or Roth contributions, dollar for dollar, for the first 3%. For the next 2%, ABM contributes $0.50 for each dollar you contribute. Your contributions and match are immediately vested.
- Maintains and cleans mechanical, electrical and shop areas.
- Coordinates parts, supplies, and equipment from local vendors and inventory.
- Performs simple procedures and tasks and other routine maintenance duties.
- Performs miscellaneous tasks as assigned by the Chief Engineer and Assistant Chief Engineer.
- Fosters a work environment that promotes energy conservation and continuous improvement of engineering functions.
- As appropriate, records all pertinent data in building logbooks and makes all appropriate daily entries.
- Process administrative paperwork in accordance to departmental policies and procedures.
- Actively functions as a team member. Demonstrates commitment to quality of service.
- Complies with Able Engineering Services and facility policies and procedures.
- Complies and participates with Able Engineering Services safety program.
- Complies and participates in facility specific safety program. Maintains regular attendance in the workplace.
- Provides highest quality of service to the tenants, staff and visitors at the facility.
- Participates in regular required communication with Chief Engineer, Assistant Chief Engineer, management, tenants and other staff.
SKILLS / EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
- Experience that is commensurate with the specific facility for the position of Utility Engineer.
- Computer skills at a level to interact with building and Able Engineering Services’ computerized systems in place.
- Certification meeting OSHA ACM awareness training requirements as required.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation strategies (energy saving lighting, etc.)
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of duties that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
ABM offers a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k) plan with immediate vesting, short and long-term disability, PTO, paid holidays and more.
ABM values the rich diversity of its workforce. We strive to foster a work environment of respect and engagement that harnesses our workforce’s diversity to our common goal of providing prompt and superior client service.
ABM is an EOE/AA (M/F/Vet/Disability/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation)and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you have a disability and need assistance in completing the employment application, please call 888-328-8606. We will provide you with assistance and make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
•ABM does not sell or share your personal information.
•We collect basic personal details like your name and address, work history, and other employment related personal information. We also collect Sensitive Personal Information like race/ethnicity because we are required to do so by law.
•We collect this information in order to process your employment with us.
•We will keep your information for as long as is required by law.
Prior to the submission of your personal information, please review our Employee Privacy Notice. If you are from California, please review our California Employee Privacy Notice.