As the MES and Scheduling Applications Manager at Applied Materials, you will be responsible for presales and Business Development of the Applied Materials SmartFactory MES and Scheduling solutions. Special emphasis will be on semiconductor adjacent industries (Solar, Battery Manufacturing, Electronics, etc.) especially for MES. For Scheduling solutions, the job requires evangelizing and detailing the integrated working of the solution with other modules of SmartFactory. You will work with the internal teams representing Product Management, Sales, Services and Engineering to set the vision and direction for Applied's MES and scheduling product lines. You must have deep understanding of manufacturing, how the MES and scheduling solutions are used within manufacturing, and the value of the solutions to manufacturers. You must also have strong knowledge of the competitors in the MES and scheduling space, with the ability to compare and contrast their strengths and weaknesses.
You must also have an affinity for collaborating with customers to understand needs and pain points, and the ability to translate those into product recommendations and roadmap requirements. You should have the ability to communicate clearly and calmly during customer conversations, and the emotional intelligence to understand the customer's perspective and the underlying motivations driving their needs.
You will use these skills to build both external and internal consensus and provide customer perspectives to the Applied MES and scheduling product roadmap. You will perform market and competitive analysis; help build cost and pricing models for Product Management; develop strategy to increase market growth; and coordinate with global Sales, Engineering, and Support teams in executing the strategy. During the presales interactions, you will play the role of a "super-user" of Applied's MES and scheduling solutions and the go-to subject matter expert.
Along the way you will assist Product Management in creating marketing collateral, write manufacturing-related blog posts, help conduct product-related webinars and user groups, speak at industry events, and travel to customer sites to build relationships and learn about customer needs.
Prior experience with Applied Materials and competitors' MES and scheduling products is a strong plus.
*This position is remote and can be located anywhere in the US or Canada*
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience, preferably in manufacturing software
- Hands-on manufacturing experience
- Strong understanding of MES and scheduling solutions and its use in manufacturing
- Strong understanding of manufacturing KPIs and practical experience driving their improvement
- Proven ability to define strategy, set goals, and drive results
- Strong ability to transform ambiguous requirements into a clear, focused action plan
- Strong collaboration and negotiation skills
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Strong ability to work in cross-functional teams
- History of writing industry blog posts and/or industry speaking engagements is a plus
- MBA or equivalent experience is a plus
- Domestic and international travel required
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Years of Experience: 10 - 15 years
Years of Experience:
7 - 10 Years
Yes, 25% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$148,000.00 - $203,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.