Leading the future in luxury electric and mobility
At Lucid, we set out to introduce the most captivating, luxury electric vehicles that elevate the human experience and transcend the perceived limitations of space, performance, and intelligence. Vehicles that are intuitive, liberating, and designed for the future of mobility.
We plan to lead in this new era of luxury electric by returning to the fundamentals of great design – where every decision we make is in service of the individual and environment. Because when you are no longer bound by convention, you are free to define your own experience.
Come work alongside some of the most accomplished minds in the industry. Beyond providing competitive salaries, we’re providing a community for innovators who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you are driven to create a better, more sustainable future, then this is the right place for you.
We are currently seeking a Production Supervisor, Stamping. This position requires an experienced professional with the ability to manage up to 50 staff. The successful candidate will have spent considerable time launching new plants and/or new products in an automotive manufacturing environment. This position requires partnership with Supply Chain, QA/QC, Manufacturing, Packaging, Engineering, and finance to implement new processes and manage changes. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
- Coach Safety, Quality and Productivity to ensure objectives are met through following standardized work.
- Monitor safety occurrences. Be the first responder as secondary support.
- Through Process Confirmation, verify that the line is running safely, smoothly, and producing quality parts.
- Support Continuous Improvement and coach problem resolution to the lowest level.
- Ensure continuous and appropriate communication and recognition.
- Build Team Leader and Team Member capability.
- Create a work environment for the team(s) to complete their assigned responsibilities / tasks.
- Basic administration of supervisory responsibilities and documents.
- Responsible for the daily material handling functions for the facility and for the department.
- Ensure proper material flow from receiving dock, to warehouse storage location, to the production line feed location, to the delivery of finished product to customers.
- Provide direction and support in the allocation of resources in order to appropriately cover material handling responsibilities.
- Support Lucid Production System and synchronous material flow through lean manufacturing practices.
- Lead and manage hourly personnel.
- Ensure flawless introduction of new parts to production through proactive planning and cross-functional communication.
- Effectively implement the Engineering Change Process.
- Identify data gaps (missed production counts, etc.) and take corrective actions.
- Ability to work any shift as well as rotating shifts and weekends.
- Make decisions by assessing the situation to determine the importance, urgency and risks, and make clear decisions which are timely and in the best interests of the organization.
- Ensure that high standards of safe working are adhered, and all documentation is up to date.
- To take care of your own health and safety and that of others who may be affected by your actions at work.
- To ensure all fire exits and alarms are free from obstructions and serviceable.
- Be able to carry out start and end of shift briefings, communicate start of shift objectives, brief company communications and carry. out other meetings as necessary.
- To control and monitor attendance in accordance with company policies and processes.
- To actively check equipment and ensure anything that has been reported as a concern has been followed up in accordance to safety regulations.
- To carry out/delegate (TPS) audits covering Manual Handling, Driving Standards and Standard Operation Procedures.
- To create One Point Lessons (OPL), and Safety Clips / fast responses, brief staff and display ensuring understanding and compliance.
- To ensure ILU/training plan is up to date.
- To manage the use of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and other IT to process customer requirements.
- To manage schedules to meet shift targets.
- To manage disciplinary issues in line with company policies.
- To manage resources to cover staff absence & workload capabilities.
- To develop and deliver appraisals and fact files.
- To compile and communicate any reports requested by the company to include end of shift reports.
- Monitor tasks/functions and police adherence to Standard Operating Procedures at all times.
- Agree and implement amendments to SOPs / SWI’s when anomalies have been reported.
- Ensure that all activities are carried out in accordance with company Environmental Health & Safety policy.
- Any other duties as covered by your contract of employment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Operations, Engineering or Business preferred.
- 5+ years of previous experience working in an automotive stamping required.
- 1-3 years of related automotive industry experience and LEAN manufacturing, preferred.
- 1-3 years direct leadership experience, preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with success in working across organizations at all levels.
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects, effective project planning in terms of resources, strategies, cost, and time with ability to meet project timelines.
- Strong computer proficiency in MS Office applications.
- LEAN, GK, TPS or Six Sigma Certifications a plus.
- Stamping/fabrication/body work (e.g. body/paint repair, metal finishing, press operator etc.) experience.
- Mechatronics’ experience.
- Service in the United States Military with honorable discharge preferred.
Lucid maintains your privacy according to its Candidate Privacy Notice. If you are a California resident, please refer to our California Candidate Privacy Notice.
At Lucid, we don’t just welcome diversity - we celebrate it! Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
To all recruitment agencies: Lucid Motors does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our careers alias or other Lucid Motors employees. Lucid Motors is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.