LifeMade Products LLC, a Jadex Inc operating company, is a global provider of disposable tableware and temperature control packaging solutions supporting a variety of sectors including healthcare and food preservation. We are the industry leader in U.S temperature-control packaging and single-use consumer goods manufacturing. Our brands include LifeMade Consumer Products, Lifoam®, Diamond®, FreezPak®, Envirocooler® and ProPak®. LifeMade Products LLC has 8 manufacturing locations in the domestic United States . Our mission is to create superior products that push industries forward, LifeMade strives to make life – better.
Verify and maintain records on incoming and outgoing shipments. Prepare items for shipment. Duties include assembling, addressing, stamping, labeling, and shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, verifying and recording incoming merchandise or material; and arranging for the transportation of products. May also be required to move freight, stock or other materials and perform other general labor. Maintain a clean and organized work area and warehouse facility in general.
- Examine shipment contents and compare with records such as manifests, invoices, or orders to verify accuracy.
- Performs visual quality inspection of product before shipping.
- Ensure accuracy of documents, such as work orders, bills of lading, or shipping orders, to route materials.
- Confer or correspond with establishment representatives to rectify problems, such as damages, shortages, or nonconformance to specifications.
- Pack, seal, label, or affix postage to prepare materials for shipping, using hand tools, power tools, or postage meter.
- Deliver or route materials to departments using hand truck, conveyor or forklift.
- Load or unload tractor trailers by hand with a forklift or pallet jack.
- Requisition and store shipping materials and supplies to maintain inventory of stock.
- Observes plant safety rules. Helps to identify and eliminate any safety hazard or concern. Assists in monitoring of quality of work output and maintenance procedures.
- Assists in conducting operations so as to meet established cost standards for use of materials, supplies and equipment. Follows instructions in the most efficient use of tools, machines and materials.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area and assists other departments in the cleanliness and organization of working areas when projects overlap other department areas.
- Responsible for reporting any problems or concerns to their direct Supervisor. To maintain good working relations with all other employees. Strives to have no conflicts with other department employees.
- Encouraged to bring any ideas to light for possible usage in factory functions.
- Poses no direct threat to the health or safety of himself/herself, or others, or to property. Defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Requires regular attendance to perform essential element as contained herein between the assigned start and end times for work.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the Corporation and the community; and maintains the professional competence, knowledge and skill necessary for the satisfactory performance of all assigned responsibilities.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED Equivalent
2 yr+ working in a warehouse or manufacturing environment
Technical Role Competencies
Production and Processing — Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control, costs, and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture and distribution of goods.
The conditions herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
- Requires up to 9 hours of standing/walking daily.
- Must be able to individually lift 45-50 lbs. and team lift upwards of 70-80 lbs.
- Must be able to individually push/pull 50 lbs. and push/pull upwards of 70-80 lbs.
- Must be able to bend/stoop/twist, crouch/squat, reach above and below shoulders
- Requires repetitive use of arm, wrist, and hand.
- Must be capable of operating motorized equipment like a pallet jack, forklift of box truck.
- Must be able to work near/with machinery and hand tools.
- Moderate/heavy exposure to heat and excessive noise.
- Ability to wear required PPE including hearing protection, safety glasses and steel/composite toe shoes.
- Annual hearing tests are required.
- Some overtime and occasional weekends required.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of responsibilities for this position and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of this position. Company management may assign other relevant, business-related duties.