Coordinate the production of customer-specific retail labels for a variety of product lines using multiple types of printers and label stock. Ensure retail price labels are printed timely and accurately and shipped in accordance with operational demand. Upload information between databases and label programs. Troubleshoot and maintain digital equipment.
Essential Job Functions *
- Coordinates and executes on department procedures and maintains knowledge of department procedures using SharePoint, Label Maintenance programs and Planogram Builder.
- Quality review of requests to ensure accuracy of production
- Responsible for the production of labels to meet daily operational demands
- Ability to leverage expertise with labeling procedures, requirements, and quality to ensure all deliverables are fully compliant and free of errors.
- Programs label form types for print on demand application and custom print.
- Maintain and review inventory of label stock and supplies.
- Observes all safety procedures and policies; Reports potentially unsafe conditions to supervisor; Uses equipment and materials properly
- Communicates between internal department groups to resolve label issues timely.
- Communicate effectively to resolve issues and complaints
- Communicates with requester on label status and ship detail when required.
- Communicates with Marketing on new label design requests
- Escalates issues to management team
- Sales/Business Support
- Tracks program initiatives in partnership with project management and department management.
- Coordinates communication through multiple channels to support inquires in a timely manner.
- Coordinates label processing for projects and new product releases.
- Upload stock SKU data to label program.
- Produce products to fulfill PO’s and creates ASN
- Technological Support
- Monitors, maintains, and troubleshoots digital equipment and printers.
- Calibrates label and color to ensure accuracy and label quality.
*This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including immediately reporting hazards, immediately reporting unsafe work practices and incidents to supervisors, wearing required personal protective equipment, and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
Education & Experience
·High School diploma or GED equivalent is required; College degree or equivalent in education and work experience.
- Administrative experience preferred.
- Good presentation skills and ability to communicate information clearly and concisely.
- Excellent communication skills; ability to effectively communicate requirements and technical information.
- Working knowledge of computer applications (i.e. MS Office Suite), and ability to learn in-house software applications.
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to work with a variety of personalities; maintain composure under stressful conditions.
- Excellent organizational skills, the ability to manage multiple projects
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Each level should be inclusive of the levels below it. For example, a person demonstrating Level 2 competencies is also expected to demonstrate Level 1 competencies.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Sales/Service: Environment varies due to location/store set-up. May be exposed to cramped quarters, dust, fumes, or odors. Travel required daily. May have to drive 200 miles daily. Hand/eye coordination required. Function vision and hearing required.
Sales/Service: Medium, lifting up to 30 lbs., occassionally pushing/pulling up to 100 lbs.
The Hillman Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, protected veteran or military status, genetic information, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.