The Supply Chain Analyst & Master Scheduler is the owner for developing production scheduling to drive and deliver the optimal flow of materials through Hillman / ST Fastening’s production network by employing targeted analytics for outbound material to meet defined service levels. Facilitates and coordinates daily with Supply Chain Team, technical leads, leadership, and client personnel by providing Schule status.
Essential Job Functions *
1. Creates and maintains a valid master schedule in which priority due dates are equal to needed dates and planned capacity equals required capacity. Align ERP and execute schedule to meet customer required dates and requirements.
2. Develop and maintain relevant performance metrics, monitor performance, and submit monthly reports.
3. Maintains reports to reflect scheduling methods, support performance and process procedures.
4. Review and report performance updates from the responsible Account Manager. Identify variances against rates to drive corrective actions.
5. Develops continuous improvement opportunities relative to position and participates in execution.
6. Ability to program software to import and export data.
7. Proven people skills required, must have the ability to work with others while effectively handling internal pressures; support the team’s schedule change control efforts.
* This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Employees are expected and encouraged to participate in safety and health program activities including immediately reporting hazards, immediately reporting unsafe work practices and incidents to supervisors, wearing required personal protective equipment, and participating in and supporting safety committee activities.
Education & Experience
- BS/BA in related field preferred 2 plus years’ experience
Competencies – Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Inventory Management – analysis of requirements vs inventory position;
- Analyze demand signals; determine what needs to be built;
- Possess excellent mathematical skills;
- Experience in Supply Chain management a plus
- Detail oriented
Work Environment and Physical Demands
Office: Office setting. Seldom exposed to fumes or airborne particles. Loud working environment of the shop area. Functional vision and hearing required.