Problem identification and troubleshooting a variety of difficult mechanical problems with limited supervision
Define, coordinate, perform, and document engineering test reports with limited supervision
Develop, design, or modify mechanical engineering layouts/schematics and/or detailed drawings/specifications of difficult scope
Perform engineering analysis of difficult scope with limited supervision
Technically lead and/or execute engineering projects, including development of key suppliers. Generate mechanical product specifications.
May be responsible for the design, development and implementation of custom mechanical tooling, fixturing, and associated processes to enable the handling, assembly and/or disassembly of parts, components, sub-assemblies and final assemblies throughout the product life cycle. Establishes standards across all operational processes
Specify and review engineering documentation
Implements concepts for variety of complex product issues and mechanical solutions
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 10% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$100,000.00 - $137,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.