- Understand strategic goals of the business, translate them into actionable plans with cross functional organization and ensure alignment with management/internal parties. Aid decision making data to management and data influencing others collected from field, tool, supplier.
- Understand new product design requirement from internal or external customers and bridge communication among division and supplier as a single point of interface and manage IP sensitive information properly
- Lead new technology evaluation in house or alfa site ELS by organizing cross functional team with division Eng/support/supplier. Feedback learning to design, procedure, and operation for future opportunities and report result to management. Ensure smooth transition to division support.
- Provide technical support in remote or on site to division support team or field engineers, and lab technicians who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex issues related to equipment, software, and firmware. Report business critical to management
- Provide background information of critical quality issues and returned FA items to Q&R team in database and may make a decision to develop CIPs with supplier engineering for persistent issue causing business impact. Trigger engineering news for critical changes and request division to issue/draft documents based on FA resolution.
- Contribute to development of new support diagnostics, troubleshooting and field management tools and utilities to delegate first field response. Work with IT team and training center to develop/organize diagnostic tools and new training program in existing and new framework (AR, AI).
- Demonstrate depth of expertise in mechanical and electrical, and system discipline. Possess general knowledge of hardware and software to perform hands on activities on equipment.
- Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others; is aware of the competition and the factors that differentiate them in the market
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience; may lead small projects with manageable risks and resource requirements
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- Explains difficult or sensitive information; works to build consensus
- 5-7 years of experience in semiconductor equipment engineering or support role
- Requires specialized depth and/or breadth of expertise, solves complex problems; take a broad perspective to identify innovative solutions.
- Lead multiple projects by leading cross-functional teams among internal and external parties.
- Experience in robotics, mechanical/system engineering, system software/firmware/AI, VR experience is plus
- Bachelor’s degree
- Japanese or Vietnamese proficiency is plus
Years of Experience:
4 - 7 Years
Yes, 20% of the Time
U.S. Salary Range:
$116,000.00 - $159,500.00
The salary offered to a selected candidate will be based on a number of factors including location and level and will vary depending on confirmed job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition to a comprehensive benefits package, candidates may be eligible for other forms of compensation such as participation in a bonus and a stock award program, as applicable.
Applied Materials is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law.